Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Ben Stein on ObamaCare™: A Must-read

We've Figured Him Out

By Ben Stein on 7.24.09 @ 9:45AM

Why is President Barack Obama in such a hurry to get his socialized medicine bill passed?

Because he and his cunning circle realize some basic truths:

The American people in their unimaginable kindness and trust voted for a pig in a poke in 2008. They wanted so much to believe Barack Obama was somehow better and different from other ultra-leftists that they simply took him on faith.

They ignored his anti-white writings in his books. They ignored his quiet acceptance of hysterical anti-American diatribes by his minister, Jeremiah Wright.

They ignored his refusal to explain years at a time of his life as a student. They ignored his ultra-left record as a "community organizer," Illinois state legislator, and Senator.

The American people ignored his total zero of an academic record as a student and teacher, his complete lack of scholarship when he was being touted as a scholar.

Now, the American people are starting to wake up to the truth ...

:full article:

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Ben Stein on ObamaCare™: A Must-read

Stein has proven that he has zero credibility as an economist... I don't care what he says about anything.

My letter to Stein
    Ben Stein the one whom proclaimed Merryll Lynch was a great buy weeks before it went bankrupt... Ben Stein whom proclaimed that the government should print as much money needed to 'save the economy'... Perhaps the most critical freedom in our society is economic freedom. Ben Stein you support the Federal Government infringing on our economic freedom... infringing on free market solutions, and yet you slam Obama's same infringements because it is for health care. You have proven to be a pathetic economists and have now proven to be nothing more than a partisan hack. Stick to doing commercials with Shaq.
    Last edited by addicted2freedom; July 29th, 2009 at 07:24 AM.

Well, I'm very glad that this thread has proven to be some service to you anyway.

As it is, I'm not entirely sure that Obama is quite as academically insignificant as Stein would have us think, but, then again, nobody stating the otherwise obvious about Obama is quite as graven as an icon in the minds of a generation of Americans, either.

Bueler ... Bueler ... Bueler?

(Philadelphia County)

Ben Stein has zero credibility on any area whatsoever.

I say this on the basis that he is a young-earth creationist/anti-science-freak/ID-proponent.

(this is simply my opinion, if you are offended, please don't turn this thread into one of those threads)
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

I say this on the basis that he is a young-earth creationist/anti-science-freak/ID-proponent.

(this is simply my opinion, if you are offended, please don't turn this thread into one of those threads)
    No sweat, 'tano, I have to click a "magic button" to read your posts, anyway.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by addicted2freedom View Post
    Stein has proven that he has zero credibility as an economist... I don't care what he says about anything.
    Ben Stein is not and never was an economist. His father, Herbert Stein, was a noted economist back in the 60s and 70s, but Ben was a speechwriter for Nixon and Ford, then became an actor and political commentator. Ben Stein has given some really bad financial advice in his columns and TV appearances, and as LorDiego noted, he's got some views on evolution and science that are way out there. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, though -- I don't agree with everything Ben Stein says but I do agree with him that the health care bill is horrible, and will be a disaster for most Americans.

(Bucks County)

fyi.... Merrill Lynch didn't go bankrupt. The company was purchased by Bank of America in an interesting deal. Do you mean Lehman Brothers?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercat97 View Post
    fyi.... Merrill Lynch didn't go bankrupt. The company was purchased by Bank of America in an interesting deal. Do you mean Lehman Brothers?
    I meant ML. You're right. Virtually the same though. ML was unsustainable so they sold themselves.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by shiloh View Post
    Ben Stein is not and never was an economist. His father, Herbert Stein, was a noted economist back in the 60s and 70s, but Ben was a speechwriter for Nixon and Ford, then became an actor and political commentator. Ben Stein has given some really bad financial advice in his columns and TV appearances, and as LorDiego noted, he's got some views on evolution and science that are way out there. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, though -- I don't agree with everything Ben Stein says but I do agree with him that the health care bill is horrible, and will be a disaster for most Americans.
    True. economist = economic commentator

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

I think that Ben Stein is incredibly intelligent and very often correct.

So we disagree, but i'm not offended.