Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Gun Sharing"

(Northampton County)

Default "Gun Sharing"

Can my son, who lives in my home, carry my pistols/wheelguns? He is licensed to carry but only has an XD45 and sometimes my smaller guns would be better for concealment.
    Thanks in advance.

But as long as the nation is obsessed with historic milestones, is no one going to remark on what a great country it is where a mentally retarded woman can become speaker of the house? - Ann Coulter

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: "Gun Sharing"

Yes, it is allowed.

18 Pa.C.S. § 6115: Loans on, or lending or giving firearms prohibited
    (a) Offense defined.--No person shall make any loan secured by mortgage, deposit or pledge of a firearm, nor, except as provided in subsection (b), shall any person lend or give a firearm to another or otherwise deliver a firearm contrary to the provisions of this subchapter.
    (b) Exception.--
    (1) Subsection (a) shall not apply if any of the following apply:
    (i) The person who receives the firearm is licensed to carry a firearm under section 6109 (relating to licenses).
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Schuylkill County)

What if its openly carried without the carrier having a LTCF?? My brother comes home from Iraq soon and will be home for a few weeks and i'd would be nice to have an open carry partner while he is here. Could he use one of my guns?

(Montgomery County)

For you to lend to anyone, the person who receives it must be licensed. (or other exception)

The only exception in your case is that you can loan it to your brother and he may carry it as he pleases IN your house.

(3) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the loaning or giving of a firearm to another in one's dwelling or place of business if the firearm is retained within the dwelling or place of business.
    http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/...ms-prohibited/

I hear Berks is real quick with licensing. Why not treat your brother, for his service, by getting him a license. (if he qualifies)
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Schuylkill County)

He is only home for 2 weeks so i doubt he would get it by then, thanks for the help!!

(Lawrence County)

I went to the court house out here and got my ltcf in 30 mins.... just saying... not sure how it works out your way though
    That's my dad...."The AMERICAN" (I'm proud of you Dad)

Quote Originally Posted by J.W. View Post
    He is only home for 2 weeks so i doubt he would get it by then, thanks for the help!!
    From the sheriff's website:

Instructions:

APPLICANTS MUST APPLY IN PERSON AT THE BERKS COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT. HOURS OF OPERATION ARE 8 AM to 4:30 PM MONDAY THRU FRIDAY

Please complete the Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms Application online by clicking on this link then print, sign, and present in person to the Berks County Sheriff's Department located at 633 Court Street, Reading, PA 19601

Licenses will be issued while applicant waits provided approval can be obtained by the Pennsylvania State Police in a timely manner. Individuals who are not immediately approved will be contacted via telephone upon approval.

(Bucks County)

Wait, what about hunting season? I lend guns to several guys whose wives won't allow them to keep one in the house every hunting season. Where does that leave me , legally speaking? Thanks for the 'heads-up' if I am in the wrong!

(Jefferson County)

Even if he didn't have a license, transfers between spouses, parent/child, grandparent/grandchild negate the rules on loaning. A transfer under such rules can be as temporary as a loaning or as permanent as a gift. Your handguns are effectively your childrens', your parents', your grandparents', and your spouse's handguns just the same.

Longguns do not follow the same rules of loans or transfers, they are nothing more than a coffee table, except to prohibited persons.

If you are loaning handguns to people to hunt, then they would need a license. Longguns = read the above sentence.

(Montgomery County)

Hunting is an exception that makes it allowable:
    (v) The person who receives the firearm is lawfully hunting or trapping and is in compliance with the provisions of Title 34 (relating to game).
    http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/...ms-prohibited/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast