Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Another fine day at the range

Got permission to take one of the neighbor kids shooting with us today. He'd never handled or shot a gun before in his life, so he was a little nervous. Put up a big, giant silhouette target downrange, made sure he put some rounds on the paper, and he was quickly all smiles He had a good time, and saved one of his targets, as he progressed to being able to keep them all on an 8.5x11 piece of paper. Not at all bad for a first timer!

Still couldn't get on the 50 yard range today, but at least we got the 25. Sean has decided that his Cricket is too small for him to hunt with this year, so he is working harder on getting used to his Savage he earned for straight A's last year. It's a little big for him yet, but he's shooting it just fine. His groups tightened up nicely throughout the day.

Cathy is getting used to her "new" Sears Model 1. She likes it better than her Rossi. It's easier to shoot well. It's been shooting a little left for her, so I gently (pounded on them with the rubber covered handles of a little pair of pliers I keep in the range bag) adjusted them for her, and finally got it hitting center target.

And I've gotta say, nothing caps a nice range trip like a couple hours drowning bait!!

Cathy and her Sears Model 1 -- won't see one of these at the range every day!

Sean working with his Savage MKII. In the target pic, the bottom one was his first of the day, the top one one of his last. He's getting the hang of the bigger gun

Me with my Savage MKII. I think I'll be ready for squirrel season

Getting ready to get our lines wet.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Another fine day at the range

You lucky SOB.

I have a Savage MKII. Except mine has the black and grey laminate stock on it. Damn thing weighs more than my SKS does. No complaints though. That 1" barrel does wonders with match ammo even with my horrible shooting.