Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Your first gun and do you still have it?

Beretta 92fs 1984, yes still own it.
    You're a sanctimonious hypocrite of a bible-spouting blackmailer !

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I was at my stepmother's house today. My dad's gun safe is in a corner, with a few inches of clearance beside it. There was an empty, flat cardboard box stuck in there. Just out of curiosity, I pulled out the box and found a gun in the corner. It's a single-shot bolt-action rifle, a Remington 510, "The Targetmaster". I don't remember seeing the gun or hearing him mention it. It was built in 1947, when he was 9 years old. This must have been his first gun.

It's a little rusty, since it's been sitting in a basement corner for years, but the bore looks shiny. I'm looking forward to cleaning it up and trying it out!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I was at my stepmother's house today. My dad's gun safe is in a corner, with a few inches of clearance beside it. There was an empty, flat cardboard box stuck in there. Just out of curiosity, I pulled out the box and found a gun in the corner. It's a single-shot bolt-action rifle, a Remington 510, "The Targetmaster". I don't remember seeing the gun or hearing him mention it. It was built in 1947, when he was 9 years old. This must have been his first gun.

It's a little rusty, since it's been sitting in a basement corner for years, but the bore looks shiny. I'm looking forward to cleaning it up and trying it out!
    You might want to start opening up the walls when she's not looking.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You might want to start opening up the walls when she's not looking.
    Oh yeah, I'll go all Mike Holmes on the house - "I see there's a wiring problem by the furnace, I better tear down this drywall to make sure there's no other problems!"

Dad was proud of his substantial gun safe. I'm sure everything of any value was in it, except for the carry guns he had at hand upstairs, by his recliner, his bed, and by the computer in the spare bedroom. I'm not going to take up space in my safe for the Targetmaster, I'm not surprised that he didn't want to either.

(Franklin County)

Every since my teen years, I've had .22 rifles off and on. My first handgun was bought before I knew squat about the laws. I was under 21. The seller was a friend, also under 21, and we did a cash FTF transaction. That was some type of S&W revolver, in .32. At some point I sold it because I needed the money.

It was around 2006 or 2007 that I really adopted the "protect yourself and your family" mindset seriously, including a decision to lawfully purchase and subsequently carry regularly.

At that time, I bought a used S&W from a friend who was selling a couple of guns that he inherited from another friend. This was a legal transaction start to finish.

About a year later, I had the chance to buy a limited edition version of a Para LDA .45, Commander length at a steal of a price. Things were tight for me financially at that time, so I made a deal with my wife to give her consent for the .45 in exchange for selling the S&W to help cover the cost. I don't regret that bargain in the least. I sold it (the S&W) to another member her and never looked back. I still have the .45, and it would take a very dire need to ever part with it.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Washington County)

My first gun was a Remington 32 special level action. Still have it.

It was given to me by my dad. It's an old girl.

(Bucks County)

First gun for me was Gen 3 Glock G20, 10mm. Yes I still have it. Used to be my edc, then i stepped down to .45, .40, and finally 9mm. Still fullsize, but no glocks. Go figure. Went about this the opposite way most people do. The G20 is now a woods gun, and mostly a dust collector with ammo being tough to come by.
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

(Westmoreland County)

Nope, and still crying over it. My first gun was a 6" 629-1. Shot it a ton. started acting up 5 years ago & took it to a gunsmith who screwed it up & then another one who messed it up even more. Sold it out of frustration. Should have sent it in to S&W. Will buy another some day...

My first gun was a new England firearms 20ga thatbi no longer have, it was stolen during a burglary when I was 18 and at work. The police found it but wouldn't return it.

(Washington County)

I have most of my grandfather*s and father*s firearms that I learned to shoot.

I have the first rifle I bought at age 18, a 10/22 which has had every part changed except the receiver and bolt I think.

I sold the first handgun I bought at age 21 as soon as I figured out the way of the 9mm Glock. That first handgun was an XD45 compact. I*m sure I could shoot it decently now, but back then I couldn*t shoot it very well, and putting a Glock in my hand was like using a laser gun.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast