Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default NOC LIST - Private Businesses with 'NO OPEN CARRY' or 'NO CARRY AT ALL' Policies

OK.... based on many requests and no actions..... GO HERE: NOC LIST
    SO... Post in this thread:

- The Business Name
    - A Description of what carry is allowed or disallowed
    - And BE SURE TO INCLUDE A LINK to the original thread
    that discussed the issue and includes the Official Statement from the Business

I'm willing to edit a NOC LIST database..... A listing of Private Property businesses that have clearly stated that 'NO OPEN CARRY' or 'NO CARRY OF ANY KIND' is allowed on their property or in their establishment...

Based on mjfletcher's skeleton web code, I've created a NOC LIST web page format that will cover Chain Stores with Universal Policies and also the policies of other independent stores sorted by County.

My willingness to edit this information is based on other members collecting references from previous threads and providing me with the information _and_ the thread reference where the information can be verified. (See the list link below & post into THIS THREAD).

As new threads are created and businesses provide official policy statements, members will need to continue to feed this thread with the SUMMARY DECISION _and_ the original THREAD REFERENCE for readers to verify the information in the database.

If readers do not provide the necessary information, the database will not be updated. I don't have the time or interest in following every thread on the board...

*** mjfletcher has put the page onto his website ***
    GO HERE: NOC LIST

Comments Welcome...
    ID
    Last edited by ImminentDanger; September 8th, 2009 at 02:33 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: NOC LIST - Private Businesses with 'NO OPEN CARRY' or 'NO CARRY AT ALL' Policies

Check your PM for my email, ill gladly host a copy of it on a page i'm working on (same as I did with the training memo list before the MPOETC update went out) and help with updating, even if its just PMing you with info from here as its posted or confirming the info with the original thread.

I like the column layout, using tables for it?
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(York County)

Default Re: NOC LIST - Private Businesses with 'NO OPEN CARRY' or 'NO CARRY AT ALL' Policies

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    Check your PM for my email, ill gladly host a copy of it on a page i'm working on (same as I did with the training memo list before the MPOETC update went out) and help with updating, even if its just PMing you with info from here as its posted or confirming the info with the original thread.

I have no hesitation sending the page for your hosting & updating.... I just didn't want the project to fall through once again due to lack of support....

I do most of my computer stuff at a very minimal level and typically use notepad to manually edit the html (I haven't got the time to learn everything about everything I'm interested in).... so yeh, it's a simple table structure as you'll see....

Have at it.....
    ID

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    I have no hesitation sending the page for your hosting & updating.... I just didn't want the project to fall through once again due to lack of support....

I do most of my computer stuff at a very minimal level and typically use notepad to manually edit the html (I haven't got the time to learn everything about everything I'm interested in).... so yeh, it's a simple table structure as you'll see....

Have at it.....
    ID
    I'm far from an HTML wizard myself, and I love simple tables. KISS is a wonderful philosphy.

How bout this, as people post the info, you (and others that decide to help) collate/confirm/etc it and email it to me and I'll edit the page (once a week or so) and upload the new copy as well as host it. I'd prefer to not take the lead on it if I can avoid it so hopefully someone else offers to handle editing it.

For anyone who might wish to try to jump me on this, I already have a couple of projects I'm involved in including proof reading and cleaning up 2A related docs for multiple people who've read my long winded posts and feel I have a better mastery of the written word than them. That takes time, but it's something I'm fairly good at and I don't mind giving up that time for the cause.

We've all got skills, and even a small amount of skill can be put to use. Think what we could do for our rights if every member of PAFOA contributed 1 hour a week to a "pet project."
    20,000 members X 1 hour per week = 20,000 hour per week / 24 hours a day = 833.33 days of work completed every 7 days = 119.05 days work completed every day.
    One hour a week would get 2.28 YEARS of work towards fully restoring our rights completed every single week.

Direct Link: http://home.comcast.net/~2a.rights/L...CarryList.html
    Last edited by mjfletcher; July 26th, 2009 at 05:16 AM.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Dauphin County)

A clear and concise display of this type would be very helpful. I would think that the same clear and concise display of businesses that have provided positive policy information and contacts stating firearms carrying is permitted would also be extremely useful.

I think that a thread may have been started to hold some of this information, but that is not the best format for such information.
    Last edited by Howard Bullock; July 26th, 2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: missing word
    NRA Life Member. OC is comfy!

(Franklin County)

You should put in red store policies that ban firearms and in green store policies that allow. If I'm not mistaken Wal-Mart, Lowe's and Best Buy all comply with state law, therefore making carry in their stores policy by proxy.

Thank you for giving Lowe's the opportunity to respond to your concerns regarding our policy on firearms in our stores.

Lowe's currently abides by federal, state, and local laws regarding firearms, and will continue to do so.

Our first and foremost concern is for the safety of our customers. However, we take all comments and concerns from our customers seriously. We are considerate of all customers, and will remain neutral regarding the right to carry firearms.

If you have additional questions, please contact us by replying to this e-mail.

Thank you,

Kim
    Lowe's Customer Care

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    OK.... based on many requests and no actions.....

I'm willing to edit a NOC LIST database..... A listing of Private Property businesses that have clearly stated that 'NO OPEN CARRY' or 'NO CARRY OF ANY KIND' is allowed on their property or in their establishment...

Based on mjfletcher's skeleton web code, I've created a NOC LIST web page format that will cover Chain Stores with Universal Policies and also the policies of other independent stores sorted by County.

Here's the Sample (showing Top of Page)

My willingness to edit this information is based on other members collecting references from previous threads and providing me with the information _and_ the thread reference where the information can be verified. (See the example)

As new threads are created and businesses provide official policy statements, members will need to continue to feed this thread with the SUMMARY DECISION _and_ the original THREAD REFERENCE for readers to verify the information in the database.

If readers do not provide the necessary information, the database will not be updated. I don't have the time or interest in following every thread on the board...

If PAFOA can host this webpage/file, giving me edit rights to access it, that would be great.... If not, I'll have to see if I can host it somewhere else.....

*** mjfletcher has put the page onto his website ***
    GO HERE: NOC LIST

Comments Welcome...
    ID
    Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post

Thanks for doing this guys!! +rep sent to both of you.

(Montgomery County)

I kind of brought this up recently so what can I do to help with maintain the DB?
    If you are gong through Hell, keep going.--Winston Churchill

(Northampton County)

Yeah, who would we send our NOC info to?

Armed, I am free.
    ZRT Sector 7 (Recon)
    A 3 percenter

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    You should put in red store policies that ban firearms and in green store policies that allow. If I'm not mistaken Wal-Mart, Lowe's and Best Buy all comply with state law, therefore making carry in their stores policy by proxy.
    I was thinking this would be a good idea as well.

Also when people receive actual letters from such corporations indicating their policy, it'd be a great place to store so others can reference.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast