Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default LRGC Action Shoots

Does anyone here participate in the Langhorne Rod & Gun Club action pistol shoots? I'm considering going to the one next Saturday, and have some questions:

1) Is it open to the public?
    2) How much does it cost for non-members?
    3) How does registration/etc work?
    4) How many rounds should I plan on bringing?
    5) Anything else a first-timer at Langhorne's Action Pistol shoots should know?

Thanks, in advance!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: LRGC Action Shoots

I've shot in a few of them.

I believe they're open to the public.

PM inbound.

(Bucks County)

I've been to a few of them, and they run good practical matches. It's 20 dollars for non-members, and what you need to bring varies from match to match. My advise is, if you're a beginner, bring at least a rifle, a pistol, and a shotgun, and 100 or so rounds for each. That should get you through most match scenarios.

They don't often keep their website well updated with match information. There's a mailing list the club runs that your really need to be on to know exactly what to bring. My chief criticism of the way they run their matches, and why I don't shoot them more often, is it's too difficult for the casual observer to know what's going on from month to month, because they don't keep the match information on the web site up to date, and rely on an insider mailing list. Not a great way to attract new shooters.

But still, if you go, and take the right equipment, you'll have fun. Be sure to take a chamber flag. They are mandatory. They do run safe matches, which is really the most important part.
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog
    Where There's Snow, There's Firepower
    http://snowflakesinhell.com

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    Does anyone here participate in the Langhorne Rod & Gun Club action pistol shoots? I'm considering going to the one next Saturday, and have some questions:

1) Is it open to the public?
    2) How much does it cost for non-members?
    3) How does registration/etc work?
    4) How many rounds should I plan on bringing?
    5) Anything else a first-timer at Langhorne's Action Pistol shoots should know?

Thanks, in advance!
    Hi,

Rifle program chair / match director here. Rifle matches are the last Saturday of the month.

We do keep the rifle end of things updated on the club website,

http://langhornerodandgunclub.org/

Click on practical rifle, and you'll see correct information each month on the match theme, loadout, and course of fire. We publish it ahead of time to forestall any concern that some know it, and some don't.

For the pistol program, (first Saturday) I will speak to the crew about entertaining a similar approach.

Thanks for the positive remarks on our safety protocols. We want the club, our programs, and our shooters to be around for a long.... long time.

--Fargo007

(Montgomery County)

Greetings from the Co-Chair of the Practical Rifle program at Langhorne. I post all of our practical rifle events in the Shoots and Meets forum here as well as on ARFCOM and The Rally Point.org forum.

Our next shoot is our Ladies Day event on September 26th. I should have the registration link up in a few days.

Regards,
    Gary