Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default GUNS, REVOLUTIONS, HISTORY

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/newsa...&articleid=432

Today the U.N. wants to take away our guns.

Where's the parallel in our Nation's history? During the past few decades the teaching of American History in our public schools has suffered greatly at the hands of the American Historical Association and others who would manipulate our children. So I'm going to recap some need-to-be-aware American History: How and WHY our American Revolution started.

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/newsa...&articleid=432
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Berks County)

Default Re: GUNS, REVOLUTIONS, HISTORY

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Churchill
    "If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may be even a worse fate. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than live as slaves."
    If anyone was curious, this is the point we are at.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: GUNS, REVOLUTIONS, HISTORY

Some of my favorite quotes

Dorothy Thompson:
    When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can never be recovered.

Edward R. Murrow:
    We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.

Eleanor Holmes Norton:
    The only way to make sure people you agree with can speak is to support the rights of people you don't agree with.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt:
    The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over the government.

James Baldwin:
    Freedom is not something that anybody can be given. Freedom is something people take, and people are as free as they want to be.

John Adams:
    There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.

John F. Kennedy:
    We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.

Molly Ivins:
    It is possible to read the history of this country as one long struggle to extend the liberties established in our Constitution to everyone in America

Patrick Henry:
    Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Ramsey Clark:
    A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you

Thomas Jefferson:
    No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.

Voltaire:
    So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men.

Clarence Darrow:
    You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free.