Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Bike trail of fears.

http://www.timesherald.com/articles/...e468054648.txt

I hope they at least charge the kids.
    Hafa Adai! IANAL I merely state my opinion. If I am wrong, please correct me.

(York County)

Default Re: Bike trail of fears.

a big -1 to the guy that pulled and fired. thanks for helping the antis with another STUPID reason why they go after our guns. jackass!
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Armstrong County)

I wonder if this is TPT??

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Northumberland County)

“The worst thing that can happen is if people start arming themselves,” Ferman said.

so its ok for the teens to beat someone up and ride away? what if the teen kicked DePaul and he lost control of his bike and hit his head off a rock and got killed? and hes been charged with murder?!!! the DA thinks its wrong for us to arm ourselves ... the DA shoud do something besides charging a man for trying to defend himself , at least they should give him a break cuz he was attacked.

so we should only shoot when our lives were threatened? not if we got beat up and let them ride away....

(Centre County)

“The worst thing that can happen is if people start arming themselves,” Ferman said.

This person is an idiot, first of all. Second, so is the guy that shot at two kids that were riding away. He said he was trying to shoot out their tires. Then what? Going by whats in the story, the guy is an idiot and will most likely lose his ltcf now, let alone facing multiple criminal charges. Sure the kids should be charged with assault as well but you dont shoot at someone thats running away.
    but thats just my opinion

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by fonz View Post

This person is an idiot, first of all. Second, so is the guy that shot at two kids that were riding away. He said he was trying to shoot out their tires. Then what? Going by whats in the story, the guy is an idiot and will most likely lose his ltcf now, let alone facing multiple criminal charges. Sure the kids should be charged with assault as well but you dont shoot at someone thats running away.
    but thats just my opinion
    so if we get robbed or beaten and let the robber run away ? yeah it was wrong to shoot at their tires but how would he have caught who did it ? they would have gotten away with it and did it to the next victim or worst . the thing is i dont believe he was 250 feet away and hit a 2 inch wide tire with a sidearm i find that kind of hard to believe..he could have sprayed and prayed...
    Last edited by TXDMERC73; July 24th, 2009 at 12:39 PM.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    so if we get robbed or beaten and let the robber run away ? yeah it was wrong to shoot at their tires but how would he have caught who did it ? they would have gotten away with it and did it to the next victim or worst . the thing is i dont believe he was 250 feet away and hit a 2 inch wide tire with a sidearm i find that kind of hard to believe..he could have sprayed and prayed...
    If you want the law to have a chance of protecting you in PA, then yes...we let them continue running away instead of shooting at them.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    and hes been charged with murder?!!!
    No he's being charged with criminal attempt at murder, criminal attempt at voluntary manslaughter, aggravated assault and related offenses

the DA shoud do something besides charging a man for trying to defend himself , at least they should give him a break cuz he was attacked.
    Hard to claim defense when you're shooting at kids fleeing 250 feet away.

so we should only shoot when our lives were threatened? not if we got beat up and let them ride away....
    Absolutely. That's the law. Unless of course you want to be in jail with a $250,000 bail.

the thing is i dont believe he was 250 feet away and hit a 2 inch wide tire with a sidearm i find that kind of hard to believe..
    Doesn't really matter how far it was. He admitted trying to shoot the tire. Shooting at a bicycle tire will never be considered self defense.

I ride on that trail in a different section. There are a lot of reports of attacks like this, and I am usually armed as a result while riding there. Of course, while I would be likely to display my sidearm prominantly in the event of an encounter, I would not act in a damn foolish manor like this guy did. My sidearm is carried as an effective deterent against criminal activity, and a defensive tool (absolute last resort), if I find myself in serious danger. "It is not, nor will it ever be a weapon of retaliation."

Quote Originally Posted by YBNORMAL View Post
    a big -1 to the guy that pulled and fired. thanks for helping the antis with another STUPID reason why they go after our guns. jackass!
    I agree, he's an idiot for firing on the kids as they rode away, but one thing you need to know is anti's don't need actual events to use as reasons. They create their own.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast