Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Planning a Trip to Washington State

From PA to Ohio, then to Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho and finally to Washington.

I realize Illinois and Wisconsin have terrible gun laws but they are essentially unavoidable to make it in the required time line.

I'm semi-permanently relocating (5 years at least), so I'll have all my firearms and quite a bit of ammo with me. Has anyone else made a similar trip? Do you have any recommendations? Secure everything in the trunk and refuse to open if pulled over it while in the fascist states?

I had seen horror stories on other websites about state troopers arresting folks and claiming ignorance of federal interstate transportation of firearms (Title 18 - Part I - Chapter 44 - § 926a) and recommended that I have a copy printed out. Would you all agree with that?

Any other recommendations?

Default Re: Planning a Trip to Washington State

no to sound flippant, but my recommendation is to drive about 5 MPH over the speed limit with the cruise control set and wave at the cops as they drive past you. Printing out the laws to wave in their faces is a good insurance policy, but the best defense it to avoid coming to their attention in the first place. remember that you are within the law, and don't act suspicious. and then if they insist on messing with you, get a lawyer and teach them a lesson.
    We've been monitoring him on the e-mail for a while. --York PD Lt. Gene Fells