Lost my job last week due to HR fucking around with my schedule, ended up late two days in a row half because I'm an idiot, half because the schedule changed last minute.

We were moving to New Kensington (Not that great an area, but we were going to rent a nice little house for $400/month) but the landlord hadn't called to check our employment out even though they had our rental application since early July. So now that only my fiancee is working (Making a lot more an hour than I was back at 19 when I was paying for a $700/month apartment, all my bills, a brand new car, a motorcycle, etc. with no issues) they refuse to rent to us, even though it's $400/month, and we have the security deposit and TWO months rent ahead of time for them. Not to mention I've been barely employed for the last year while going to school, and our current apartment that we've been in for three years is $625 a month and we've never missed a month's rent.

And we have to be out of our current apartment by August 1st.

Hooray!

So, anyone in the Pittsburgh area know anyone renting a house/decent sized apartment not in a complex for about $400ish a month that allows cats and won't balk at renting to a mid-20s couple making a measly $24k or so a year until I find another job?

(Life kind of went to hell the month I was banned from here... But I can only bitch and moan about so much in one thread.)