Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Question Gun Shops in Lancaster

I'll be in Lancaster on Friday (24th) at the Host for a conference. Any gunshops nearby? (near Rt 30). Hours and locations? I appreciate any responses.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Gun Shops in Lancaster

Not real close by. Lancaster city has none there's one rt 30 east in Gap,
    I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six!

(Chester County)

You have Trop gun shop in Elizabethtown (20mins). They have a piss ton of SBR's in, some P90's a P2000. Handgun cases are always decently stocked. They even have a Ruger 556, and a S&W MP15T (which I have and adore). They have AR ammo (PMC .223) for like $7 a box $350 a case. Federal 5.56 tactical $90 for 250 rounds. You also have Kinsey's right down the road from trop. I have not been in there in a little.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(York County)

Don't know of any in lancaster, the closest I know if Stoneybrook Shooting Supplies and that is on market street in springettsbury township.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

was York, now it's Pawley's Island, South Carolina

Backwoods Outfitters in Columbia. Not too far off of 30. Great little shop.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by greenlama View Post
    I'll be in Lancaster on Friday (24th) at the Host for a conference. Any gunshops nearby? (near Rt 30). Hours and locations? I appreciate any responses.
    I believe the closest gun shops are on the other (west) side of Lancaster, a few miles off Rt. 30.

Backwoods Outfitters is about 20-40 minutes (depending on traffic) from the Host. 2421 Ironville Pike, Columbia, PA 17512 (684-2017). Hours Tue-Fri 10AM to 8 PM, Sat 10AM to 2PM

Another 15 mins further West is Jim Hakes Sporting Goods, 100 Willow St. Wrightsville, PA 252-1072 Tue-Fri 7 AM to 8 PM, Sat 6 AM to 3 PM, Sun 6 AM to 3 PM

Both of these places get good reviews here and elsewhere for friendlyness, knowledge and good prices. I'd suggest you call them to verify their hours and maybe ask for specific directions unless you're content with Mapquest or whatever.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by greenlama View Post
    If you're going to Trop Gun Shop (mentioned earlier), be sure to also checkout Kinsey's Outdoors http://www.kinseysoutdoors.com/hours.asp It's about 2 miles away from Trop and has a good selection of new and used guns (although it's primary business focus is archery.)

(Berks County)

Thanks to all who responded! I'll likely have to make a Saturday day trip to check these places out.

(Cumberland County)

I highly recommend Trop's Gun Shop right off I-283. Hands down best selection on ammo, they never run out! All calibers, many brands, plenty of hollow points. The prices are also THE best in the entire Harrisburg area! (Dauphin, Cumberland, Lebanon, Lancaster, York counties) Service is the best I've seen around the captial region. They are friendly and personable and will talk to you about whatever. Also an abundant inventory of holsters, reloading supplies, and accessories.

I know this sounds like a commercial but I'm serious, I've been looking for a good local place to go to regularly and this is the place! Forget Gander Mountain, Bass Pro, and any other place. The only other place that competes in prices is Wal-Mart but they don't have the selection.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by HbgHKFan View Post
    I highly recommend Trop's Gun Shop right off I-283. Hands down best selection on ammo, they never run out! All calibers, many brands, plenty of hollow points. The prices are also THE best in the entire Harrisburg area! (Dauphin, Cumberland, Lebanon, Lancaster, York counties) Service is the best I've seen around the captial region. They are friendly and personable and will talk to you about whatever. Also an abundant inventory of holsters, reloading supplies, and accessories.
    -snip-
    Agree that Trop's ammo and accessory selection is good, but Shyda's in Lebanon is a close second. My experience with Trop's friendliness left a lot to be desired. Their new and used gun prices are beaten in most cases by lots of the smaller shops in Lancaster and York Counties - Hakes, Stonybrook and Backwoods to name a few.

Another thing that keeps me from using Trop more is that they don't do consignment sales on used guns. I've hung around enough to hear them offer very, very low prices on used guns they buy, (even some they've just sold new recently) and a few days later I see the same guns for sale at a huge markup from what they paid. (I've really found it difficult to keep from offering some of their potential customers a much better price for the guns they want to sell. If they had turned down Trop's offer and walked outside, I probably would have on several occasions. Trops really take advantage of the fact that many won't shop around for a better deal.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast