Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Gun Shops in Lancaster

Quote Originally Posted by ranger7 View Post
    Agree that Trop's ammo and accessory selection is good, but Shyda's in Lebanon is a close second. My experience with Trop's friendliness left a lot to be desired. Their new and used gun prices are beaten in most cases by lots of the smaller shops in Lancaster and York Counties - Hakes, Stonybrook and Backwoods to name a few.

Another thing that keeps me from using Trop more is that they don't do consignment sales on used guns. I've hung around enough to hear them offer very, very low prices on used guns they buy, (even some they've just sold new recently) and a few days later I see the same guns for sale at a huge markup from what they paid. (I've really found it difficult to keep from offering some of their potential customers a much better price for the guns they want to sell. If they had turned down Trop's offer and walked outside, I probably would have on several occasions. Trops really take advantage of the fact that many won't shop around for a better deal.)
    Interesting observations, thanks for the heads up on that. I've never heard of those 3 small shops you mentioned so I'll have to check those out.

Another shop to check out that opened rececntly in the Elizabethtown area is:
    Bullseye Shooters Source
    1636 S Market St
    Elizabethtown
    They are in the strip mall across from the KMart shopping plaza.
    The store is run by a husband/wife team. and they are open
    Tues. 530pm to 930pm
    Fri. 530pm to 930pm
    Sat. 9am to 7pm
    Sun. noon to 5pm
    Phone # 717-361-1626
    They are starting to get a pretty good selection and......
    THEY DO SELL GUNS AND ACCESSORIES ON CONSIGNMENT!!!!
    Also, they have some of the cheapest prices in the area on consignment, transfers($20), internet transfers and shipping from/to FFL's

They (unlike other gun stores in the area)are selling ammo at a reasonable price with no limits. I saw Remington 9mm for $16 per box of 50, and some assorted .45 for about $21 per box of 50

(Lancaster County)

Trop will no longer do FFL transfers if you don't buy from them. I was really dissapointed, but lead me to Bullseye Shooters Source right down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger7 View Post
    Agree that Trop's ammo and accessory selection is good, but Shyda's in Lebanon is a close second. My experience with Trop's friendliness left a lot to be desired. Their new and used gun prices are beaten in most cases by lots of the smaller shops in Lancaster and York Counties - Hakes, Stonybrook and Backwoods to name a few.

Another thing that keeps me from using Trop more is that they don't do consignment sales on used guns. I've hung around enough to hear them offer very, very low prices on used guns they buy, (even some they've just sold new recently) and a few days later I see the same guns for sale at a huge markup from what they paid. (I've really found it difficult to keep from offering some of their potential customers a much better price for the guns they want to sell. If they had turned down Trop's offer and walked outside, I probably would have on several occasions. Trops really take advantage of the fact that many won't shop around for a better deal.)
    I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by evans17 View Post
    Trop will no longer do FFL transfers if you don't buy from them. I was really dissapointed, but lead me to Bullseye Shooters Source right down the road.
    A friend from Lititz recently bought a handgun from me. Since he was paying for the transfer and Trop was close for him, he chose to use Trop although there were cheaper places to do it. Trop handled the transfer without question. Neither of us were regular Trop customers and the gun was not bought there. (The charge was $36.80 inluding tax and the transfer was done in the last month.)

(Lancaster County)

Trop will still do Face to Face (FTF) transfers but won't allow guns to be shipped into them. So if you buy a gun from auctionarms, gunsamerica, cdnn, budsguns, etc... trop wont process the transfer on your end.

Personally, your better off going 2 minutes up the road to Bullseyes Shooters across from Kmart.

(Lancaster County)

i would also recommend bullseye shooters. steve is a good guy to deal with. never had any problems there.
    Last edited by shadowcat187; January 22nd, 2010 at 06:06 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    You have Trop gun shop in Elizabethtown (20mins). They have a piss ton of SBR's in, some P90's a P2000. Handgun cases are always decently stocked. They even have a Ruger 556, and a S&W MP15T (which I have and adore). They have AR ammo (PMC .223) for like $7 a box $350 a case. Federal 5.56 tactical $90 for 250 rounds. You also have Kinsey's right down the road from trop. I have not been in there in a little.
    Are you sure about the piss ton of SBRs? I didn't think Trop was a class III licensee...

Don't want anyone to get confused from reading that.

This is too late do the OP any good but Gun Dealer Online is a great shop 1/4mi off the rohrerstown road exit of rt. 30. Everyone should go check it out. They get my approval. And they are a SOT payer...

(Lancaster County)

I havent been to Trops since the early 90s,and doubt I'll ever go back,just some indignent bas#%^&$ that I refuse to deal with !

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post
    This is too late do the OP any good but Gun Dealer Online is a great shop 1/4mi off the rohrerstown road exit of rt. 30. Everyone should go check it out. They get my approval. And they are a SOT payer...
    Agreed. Everyone at gundealeronline is top notch. Great shop and great guys. And they do Class 3.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast