Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default A little confused about combat accuracy

I was watching this series of videos on youtube, I don't remember how I found it. They were by nutnfancy and he keeps calling all these pistols "combat accurate". Alot of them were cheaper weapons that I know not to be very accurate.

Is combat accuracy another way of saying a gun isn't really accurate at all without offending anyone?

Default Re: A little confused about combat accuracy

nutnfancy has a bunch of his own terminology he throws around. From what I gather it means at 10-15 feet you can hit kill zones reliably.

Odz

(Adams County)

Thats not really saying a whole lot though. I mean thats like right in front of you. I could probably throw a rock more accurately than that. Most cars are 10 feet long.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by sedurick View Post
    Thats not really saying a whole lot though. I mean thats like right in front of you. I could probably throw a rock more accurately than that. Most cars are 10 feet long.
    lol... Probably? How bigs the rock?
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by sedurick View Post
    I was watching this series of videos on youtube, I don't remember how I found it. They were by nutnfancy and he keeps calling all these pistols "combat accurate". Alot of them were cheaper weapons that I know not to be very accurate.

Is combat accuracy another way of saying a gun isn't really accurate at all without offending anyone?
    He is amusing & does (his) (some) shows inside Impact Guns when the store is closed or not many people. Kinds sounds like a rich kid who has nothing else to do. Claims to be a cop ( and I don't believe that) He's got one video where he teach's you how to have a pistol & rifle in your basement...yes I'm sure a LE personel is going to support that,,,lol....Oh but he does tell you to ventilate properly.
    Last edited by Ronnies111; July 18th, 2009 at 10:48 PM.
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

(Allegheny County)

Question Re: A little confused about combat accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnies111 View Post
    Claims to be a cop ( and I don't believe that) He's got one video where he teach's you how to have a pistol & rifle in your basement...yes I'm sure a LE personel is going to support that,,,lol
    Teaches you what?
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    Teaches you what?
    I think he means the guy teaches you how to have a pistol and rifle range in your basement or something.

(York County)

Combat Accuracy= not real accurate, but accurate enough at close range to hit the bad guy.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Allegheny County)

Well, you have the following acronyms that I sometimes use for myself, and maybe he is getting mixed up with my terminology (since I'm famous in my own world).

MIA: Minute of Angle. Basically less than 1" accuracy at 100 yards (usually applies to rifles, unless you are kick ass with a pistol or revolver).

MOPP: I use this for my less than MIA deer rifles. This stands for Minute Of Paper Plate. I come from the old school where paper plates were the preferred target. If you really wanted to get fancy, you'd use a majic marker in combination with it. MOPP was good enough for deer hunting back in the old days.

MOBG: Minute Of Bad Guy. Minute Of Bad Guy is a good measurement if you are shooting out to 25 yards with a pistol and you shoot as bad as I do. MOBG is a way that I rationalize my shooting skills when shooting pistol and I know the gun is doing it's job. I'm a sensative guy you know. This is the one that could also interchange with "Combat Accuracy."

(Montgomery County)

If you can draw and empty the weapon at distances up to 10 yards (or so) and keep all shots within the spread of your hand (roughly 8 inch circle) ...good enough for govt work. You are not looking to drop every round on top of each other as in a bullseye competition...

Accurate enough from "get the hell outa my face" distances to a little further...all on target in Center of Mass... works as a combat gun.

If using a rifle...extend your distances to 100 - 200 yards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast