Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A day at the range...

with two fellow members on PAFOA. I met up with Mike001 and MiniDevil today at Elverson. We had some lunch prior to shooting at a nearby Deli. With full bellies we headed to my range which was a mile away.

Between the three of us we had a few firearms with us.

Mini - Ithaca, Bersa, Tikka

Mike - Savage 10FP, Colt AR15, Kimber, Beretta

Me - I just brought my Verona, DPMS, lite AR15

We started out shooting our ARs because we wanted to make sure the rifles were sighted properly. Next, we moved onto the Savage and DPMS. I didn't take any shots, but I still had fun. The action didn't really start til we moved to the shotgun arena. We ended up sending Mini to get some more clays and 12 ga ammo. The weather was very odd...it was hot and humid one hour and cool and cloudy the next. The weather held up to 5 hours on the range. It was a very fun afternoon and I would encourage members to meet other members and do the same thing.

We are all looking forward to the next shoot. The club will rent out the entire range, so we thought if there was enough interest to set something up so that more PAFOA members could join us.

Default Re: A day at the range...

When I get back in town we've gotta meet up for a shoot. How much to rent it out? There's plenty of Chester/Berks county area shooters that I'm sure would be willing to chip in as opposed to shooting for $12 an hour at FCO or risking life and limb at SGL 43.

I know atleast Agent Ronin and PARifleman would probably be interested.
    Last edited by jdlv4_0; June 2nd, 2007 at 08:55 PM.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

Why would I want PA Rifleman and Agent Ronin to join us? Just kidding...I met AR last week at Elverson...nice guy.

It would be fun to get together for an afternoon of shooting. Chambered Round is also a member at Elverson. We will have to invite billamj as well.

I am not sure how much it would cost to rent to place for the day. All I can tell you is that it was just the three of us there the entire time. We were pretty surprised that no one else came to shoot today.

Talking Re: A day at the range...

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Why would I want PA Rifleman and Agent Ronin to join us? Just kidding...I met AR last week at Elverson...nice guy.

It would be fun to get together for an afternoon of shooting. Chambered Round is also a member at Elverson. We will have to invite billamj as well.

I am not sure how much it would cost to rent to place for the day. All I can tell you is that it was just the three of us there the entire time. We were pretty surprised that no one else came to shoot today.
    I've never seen more than seven people there at a time, that's including me, my wife, and Vinny.

Definately have to invite Bilamj, he's buying some M1A mags off me.

(Berks County)

I'm all for it... just tell me when and how much! I've been very happy with Elverson as a club, and I'd love to try my hand at some clays.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

My forearm hurts from throwing them with the hand thrower. Mike did very well and Mini and I not so well...haha. It was only the second time I've ever shot at clays.

I was going to call you CR, but it was last minute and I know that you normally need advance notice. We are planning on going on Tuesday for the Trap Shoot, so join us if you want.

(Berks County)

My forearm hurts from throwing them with the hand thrower. Mike did very well and Mini and I not so well...haha. It was only the second time I've ever shot at clays.

I was going to call you CR, but it was last minute and I know that you normally need advance notice. We are planning on going on Tuesday for the Trap Shoot, so join us if you want.
    No problem Aub, your assumption is correct; glad to hear y'all had a good time though. Not sure if Tuesday is doable for me, my new assignment at work has been keeping me there later and later at night as the weeks progress
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Centre County)

If its a good day I am all for it

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

Don't be a slave to "the man", CR. Tell them it's summertime and you need to hang out with your buds...LOL. I'm sure that would go over well.

I believe all three of us felt that the shotgun portion of the day was the best part. How can you not like seeing the results of your hard work when the clay explodes?

Shooting at paper after a while is pretty darn boring. Once you zero your rifle and you developed your load...it just becomes wasting ammo. Reactionary targets are the way to go. Who knows, perhaps Mike and I will rig up a remote control car and shoot at balloons to simulate hostage scenarios. That would be a challenge.

You reading this Mike? LOL

Don't be a slave to "the man", CR. Tell them it's summertime and you need to hang out with your buds...LOL. I'm sure that would go over well.

I believe all three of us felt that the shotgun portion of the day was the best part. How can you not like seeing the results of your hard work when the clay explodes?

Shooting at paper after a while is pretty darn boring. Once you zero your rifle and you developed your load...it just becomes wasting ammo. Reactionary targets are the way to go. Who knows, perhaps Mike and I will rig up a remote control car and shoot at balloons to simulate hostage scenarios. That would be a challenge.

You reading this Mike? LOL
    A guy I know is rather fond of blowing up balloons and cutting a whole in the top of a box, put the balloon in the box, hang the balloon box from the opeing of the box with a string attached to the knot in the balloon.

Then you have to try and shoot the balloon through the box to get a good hit resluting in the box falling.

Sounds like too much work just to shoot it, but it's definately sounds interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast