Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebratory OC

(Washington County)

Default Celebratory OC

Non-issue. Lots of looks, however.

After getting home I went out to a dinner with a friend at Bahama Breeze in Robinson Township, PA. No real issues there aside from some patrons giving me wide eyes in the area of my holster. Not real comfortable with that just yet.

After dinner we went to Wal-Mart just down the street. Got that scope people have been talking about as well as some value packs of Winchester 40. More wide eyes.

After all that we went to Rita's Italian Ice up on Rt. 60. No comments from the staff, although they were looking out at the window. Not sure if it was at the holster or at me and my friend.

I read before that the first time you OC it scares the hell out of you... Yup. Pretty much.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Celebratory OC

Congrats to you.

I did a little OC myself today....Valley Athletic Assoc in Bensalem. While i was sitting there a local cop came up to the sidelines...his daughter was on the field also...I wasnt ready to walk around while he was there...

Then Friendly's in Langhorne....no issues there.

(Allegheny County)

The first couple times that you OC you will feel like everyone is looking at you.... Simply is not the case as I have learned though...

The more comfortable nonchalant you are with it, the more others are also.

Robinson Walmart always has a great selection of ammo, and there is always someone near the sporting goods to help you out. They love to talk about OC too.

(Allegheny County)

Hey, I have been doing some OC here in Robinson recently also. MtnJacks ordeal and the members of this site have inspired and encouraged me to exercise my rights and I am grateful to all for this.

You are correct, my first OC walk from Settlers Cabin to the Sheetz about a mile down the road was a bit intimidating. I also felt everyone was staring and cops would rush down on me any second but in the end this was a non event as well.

I have been on this site for over a year now but this is my first post. Mostly because I feel I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said and most other posters here are much more articulate than myself.

P.S. So... you must be the guy buying up all the 40S&W in the Robinson WalMart. I never see any of it or .223 value packs when I check it out.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by futureusr View Post
    Hey, I have been doing some OC here in Robinson recently also. MtnJacks ordeal and the members of this site have inspired and encouraged me to exercise my rights and I am grateful to all for this.

You are correct, my first OC walk from Settlers Cabin to the Sheetz about a mile down the road was a bit intimidating. I also felt everyone was staring and cops would rush down on me any second but in the end this was a non event as well.

I have been on this site for over a year now but this is my first post. Mostly because I feel I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said and most other posters here are much more articulate than myself.

P.S. So... you must be the guy buying up all the 40S&W in the Robinson WalMart. I never see any of it or .223 value packs when I check it out.
    Welcome to the site. Don't worry about your articulation or grammar, it seems fine to me, and much better than some. You even used paragraphs, which makes it so much easier to read. You'll learn alot here, I know I have.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyf22 View Post
    I read before that the first time you OC it scares the hell out of you... Yup. Pretty much.
    Yes. The first time I did it I was paranoid. The next time I did it I felt liberated.

It gets easier.

Of course, I was just thrown out of a store today, so go figure

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by lexnaturalis View Post
    Yes. The first time I did it I was paranoid. The next time I did it I felt liberated.

It gets easier.

Of course, I was just thrown out of a store today, so go figure
    Trublemaker

I'm in Philly right now. Just got back from Shop Rite at Castor and Aramingo. Time to step back out on the stoop for a break
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Lebanon County)

I read before that the first time you OC it scares the hell out of you...
    Nope, was just my husband who was scared.

Good for you though. Glad to hear you had a good day with it!

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by futureusr View Post
    Ha, I usually am SOL when it comes to finding decent ammo at walmart. I have been the guy going around to all Pgh walmarts and buying all the blazer I can find.

Those Federal Value Packs of .223 are impossible to find!

(Allegheny County)

Ha, I usually am SOL when it comes to finding decent ammo at walmart. I have been the guy going around to all Pgh walmarts and buying all the blazer I can find.

Those Federal Value Packs of .223 are impossible to find!

You don't go to the Bethel Park Wal Mart by any chance do you. They never have anything anytime I check. I was talking the sporting goods clerks in there and they were telling me 2 guys come in every morning at 7am and clear out any shipment they may have gotten in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast