Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Obama Administration Approves First Timber Contract In Tongass National Forest

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_235311.html

Excuse me..

Mother<BEEP> Son'of'a <BEEP><BEEP>, <BEEP>Sucking<BEEP><BEEP><BEEP>head, <BEEP>astard<BEEP>, JACKA<BEEP>, two faced, <BEEP><BEEP>EATING$<BEEP><BEEP><BEEP>HOLE<BEEP> CAN SUCK MY <BEEP><BEEP>then he can take a <BEEP><BEEP> So far up his <BEEP> That the <BEEP> can't see anything but <BEEP> <BEEP><BEEP><BEEP><BEEP><BEEP><BEEP> He can <BEEP><BEEP> Porcupine's <BEEP><BEEP>!!!

I. am. not. amused.

GOP. or any 3rd party please get your heads out of your asses NOW thank you.. Or next election I'm staying the <BEEP> Home.
    Last edited by Morel42; July 17th, 2009 at 08:27 AM.

Default Re: Obama Administration Approves First Timber Contract In Tongass National Forest

Hope and Change, man. Hope and change.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: Obama Administration Approves First Timber Contract In Tongass National Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_235311.html

Excuse me..

Mother<BEEP> Son'of'a <BEEP><BEEP>, <BEEP>Sucking<BEEP><BEEP><BEEP>head, <BEEP>astard<BEEP>, JACKA<BEEP>, two faced, <BEEP><BEEP>EATING$<BEEP><BEEP><BEEP>HOLE<BEEP> CAN SUCK MY <BEEP><BEEP>then he can take a <BEEP><BEEP> So far up his <BEEP> That the <BEEP> can't see anything but <BEEP> <BEEP><BEEP><BEEP><BEEP><BEEP><BEEP> He can <BEEP><BEEP> Porcupine's <BEEP><BEEP>!!!

I. am. not. amused.

GOP. or any 3rd party please get your heads out of your asses NOW thank you.. Or next election I'm staying the <BEEP> Home.
    I thought you did that this time too. Stay home I mean.

What I don't understand is why there is this villification of the timber industry. Clearly they intend to continue business. As such they have one of the largest vested interests in ensuring that forrests continue to thrive. Otherwise they will no longer have trees to cut down.

(Montgomery County)

Help me understand why this is a bad thing?

Hell, lets go full crazy and start to allow them to drill for oil too.

Or gasp - even build a nuke energy plant or 10.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    I thought you did that this time too. Stay home I mean.

What I don't understand is why there is this villification of the timber industry. Clearly they intend to continue business. As such they have one of the largest vested interests in ensuring that forrests continue to thrive. Otherwise they will no longer have trees to cut down.
    Yea, but that wasn't willingly..

That was God laughing his ass off at me..

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    Yea, but that wasn't willingly..

That was God laughing his ass off at me..
    Well I do think rather highly of myself, but I'd not go so far as to call me God. I know I was having a good laugh. Then I had a good cry while you got to laugh at me. Now we are both on the giggle, sob, giggle, sob train it would seem.

(Monroe County)

I gotta admit... I have to go with "Worthless mother fucker" on this one...

This isn't a forest guys, its a Rain Forest... one of the few that we CAN protect while the rest of them across the world are getting destroyed daily. We should absolutely not be going into this eco system and logging. There is plenty of timber elsewhere that can be harvested

Logging companies do manage a lot of land, International Paper is the singles largest private land owner in the world. that being said they don't need this land, there is no shortage everywhere else and there is no need for it... this is just pure stupidity and greed.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Help me understand why this is a bad thing?

Hell, lets go full crazy and start to allow them to drill for oil too.

Or gasp - even build a nuke energy plant or 10.

for a lot of environmentally concious americans, this is a big deal.

the best way to understand this problem is to put it into a situation that would impact you personally. So image someone decided to build a strip mall against the back end of the 150 acres of hunting and farming land in your middle-of-PA rural county property. Not only would the development/logging reduce the quality of your wilderness, but create changes to flood patterns, cause a mass exodus of wildlife into town, cloud the stream waters and kill local fish and wildlife, and destroy the wooded ambiance of what is fast becoming a non-existent sense of unspoiled wilnderness in north america.

but hell, If you want a nuclear plant or 10 built into your own living space, petition congress and make it happen. Alaska needs to stay wild.
    Many democrats also own guns and are pro 2A. Stop using the 2A as a wedge issue.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by original gunner View Post
    for a lot of environmentally concious americans, this is a big deal.

the best way to understand this problem is to put it into a situation that would impact you personally. So image someone decided to build a strip mall against the back end of the 150 acres of hunting and farming land in your middle-of-PA rural county property. Not only would the development/logging reduce the quality of your wilderness, but create changes to flood patterns, cause a mass exodus of wildlife into town, cloud the stream waters and kill local fish and wildlife, and destroy the wooded ambiance of what is fast becoming a non-existent sense of unspoiled wilnderness in north america.

but hell, If you want a nuclear plant or 10 built into your own living space, petition congress and make it happen. Alaska needs to stay wild.
    No that isn't even close to the same thing.

This isn't a state forest like Delaware State Forrest or Allegheny State Forest which is just a huge piece of forested land.

This is the largest piece of national forest out there, and there is already logging done there... the new law will result in some wide spread roads that will certainly mar the landscape.

this is just unneeded and it serves no purpose.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

While the parallel is imperfect, the attempt is to highlight the logic of environmental conservation to someone who doesn't understand the concept
    Many democrats also own guns and are pro 2A. Stop using the 2A as a wedge issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast