Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Anyone ever train with Pat Goodale (Practical Firearms Training)?

He is offereing both a tactical rifle and a defensive handgun course in late August that I am considering attending. The cost is very reasonable, and he seems to have a good resume. Has anyone ever trained with him? What did you think?

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Anyone ever train with Pat Goodale (Practical Firearms Training)?

I've never attended any of his classes but I can assure you he's GTG.

(Allegheny County)

I almost took one of his classes and am kicking myself for not taking it. If you do, please let us know how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    He is offereing both a tactical rifle and a defensive handgun course in late August that I am considering attending. The cost is very reasonable, and he seems to have a good resume. Has anyone ever trained with him? What did you think?
    Where, when, and what is reasonable(cost)? Just curios. I might be interested if it's close.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1iarrowking View Post
    Where, when, and what is reasonable(cost)? Just curios. I might be interested if it's close.
    Heidelberg Sportsman's Association in Schaefferstown, Lebanon County. Tactical rifle is August 29th, Defensive Handgun is August 30. Cost is $150.00

Complete info can be found on Pat's website:
    http://www.pgpft.com/index.html

(Allegheny County)

From what I understand ... his "Home" range is in WV and there are a lot of fun things to shot and shot from there, but he does travel up to PA a few times a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    Heidelberg Sportsman's Association in Schaefferstown, Lebanon County. Tactical rifle is August 29th, Defensive Handgun is August 30. Cost is $150.00

Complete info can be found on Pat's website:
    http://www.pgpft.com/index.html
    I got a call tonight about the August 30th class. I was going to attend an NRA class @ Manheim, but it was recommended I take this one instead (because of the training I already did attend and the seat-time I put in at the range).

I think I'm going to do it. I'll submit my book report after completion.

(Montgomery County)

I have met three people who have taken his courses: one is a friend, one was a stranger I was talking to in a gun shop, and one of them was my firearms instructor in Virginia. The latter says Pat is hardcore and "shoots from the hip," and I trust basically everything that comes out of this mouth.

Here is a short anecdote from my friend's experience with Pat. He took Pat's "level 1" defensive handgun course in West Virginia this year. Pat's weapon of choice for the two-day course was an old GLOCK 19 which he claimed had fired something like 100,000 rounds flawlessly up to that point. One of the other students had multiple handguns with him, and he needed them. Supposedly, this guy started out with a Baby Eagle, and that junk broke. At this point, Pat stopped the class and said something like "See? This is why you get yourself a quality firearm, like a GLOCK." So the guy put the broken Eagle junk away and brought something else out (I don't remember what). That piece crapped out, too. I don't remember the story well enough to say that he had a third handgun which also broke, but in the end he had to finish up the second day with someone else's spare pistol.

(Lebanon County)

Just as a follow-up to this...for anybody's information

The Rifle Clinic is full/closed on the 29th of August
    The Handgun Clinic has limited space at this time. I did secure 2 of the open slots for August 30th. So, if you are planning/thinking about it, think quicker, it's filling up fast.

I emailed with the coordinator this morning and that's how I got this information.