Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Buck only season?

I'm not sure if I've read it right but have they gone back to a buck only season in some zones?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Buck only season?

There are a couple of WMAs that are buck only for the first week of firearms season.
    The Lord Bless You

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 41 Redhawk View Post
    There are a couple of WMAs that are buck only for the first week of firearms season.
    Was the same way in 2008.

(Delaware County)

Yes Dredly you read that correctly. It was the same way last season. With WMUs 2D, 2G, 3C, and 4B being antlered only firearms season from Nov. 30th - Dec. 4th and the same respective WMUs being antlered and antlerless firearms season from Dec. 5th - Dec. 12th. This is supposed to give the antlerless deer some slack during the first week of firearms season when most prople are in the woods. Personally I think most people just decide to go for the second weekend and hunt both antlered and antlerless. Or just go hunting two seperate times like back in the good 'ol days of not so long ago.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Feddog82 View Post
    Yes Dredly you read that correctly. It was the same way last season. With WMUs 2D, 2G, 3C, and 4B being antlered only firearms season from Nov. 30th - Dec. 4th and the same respective WMUs being antlered and antlerless firearms season from Dec. 5th - Dec. 12th. This is supposed to give the antlerless deer some slack during the first week of firearms season when most prople are in the woods. Personally I think most people just decide to go for the second weekend and hunt both antlered and antlerless. Or just go hunting two seperate times like back in the good 'ol days of not so long ago.
    Very cool... hopefully they will start implementing some of Lord Dredly's suggestion to how to improve the program!
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Northumberland County)

I aint going hunting this year i changed my mind i want to give the buck and doe some time to reproduce some more seems to me their nbrs are diminishing. i havent seen many out at night as i did years ago...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Feddog82 View Post
    You can use a DMAP permit to take a doe in those 4 WMU's during the first 5 days just not a regular anterless. There was a hue and cry about it last year but not much reporting about how it affected the hunting.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    I aint going hunting this year i changed my mind i want to give the buck and doe some time to reproduce some more seems to me their nbrs are diminishing. i havent seen many out at night as i did years ago...
    in most of PA if you decide not to hunt it just means one more animal for the cars or coyotes, assuming it survives the season. The only way to "protect" a deer or herd is to own the land, post it, patrol it and hunt for predators frequently.