Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default xd vs glock for 9mm?

Hey, recently bought first gun which was Glock 23 and really like it. Now, though I'm thinking I would like a 9mm as well! Glocks are awesome, but the guy at the gunstore showed me how those springfields come with so much more which is appealing. Also, I see alot of other people seem to prefer the xd, why is this??

Default Re: xd vs glock for 9mm?

It's personal opinion. From what I hear, both guns are reliable, rugged, and accurate. Some people like the XD because they think its made in America, even though it isn't. Glock sales numbers speak for themselves. Some like the added safties on an
    XD, some don't. Some like the availability of Glock parts. I would buy whatever is comfortable to you, since you are going to be the one shooting it.

IMHO I'd rather have an M&P or a PX4, there in the same price range as the other 2. But if your only considering the Glock and the XD I would go with the Glock. I've shot all 4 of the above and would rate them as follows
    1.PX4
    2. Tie between the Glock and the M&P(M&P feels better to me)
    4. XD

But just to help you out the XD vs. Glock debate has been discussed hundreds of times. So if you search the subject you'll find many of good un biased opinion and quite a few biased.

(Perry County)

I have a glock.

From a usage point of view I love it. But I regret not going with something more aesthetically pleasing. It looks like a toy =\

If I could do it all over again I'd go Sig or Beretta

I'll also add that I don't own either of the four pistols I mentioned but have shot them all numerous times.

Also try and shoot both of them back to back. Thats really the only way to find out which one fits you.

EDIT. I may catch flak for this but don't discount the SR9, I really liked shooting it.
    Last edited by 7998; July 16th, 2009 at 12:33 PM.

(Allegheny County)

AS to which is better, only you can determine that. When I bought my first pistol I was stuck between the Glock 26 and the Xd 9 Sub Compact. After handling both, I decided the XD was a better fit for me.

The extra gear that comes with the XD is a nice bonus, however I never use it, so its really not a big selling point.

The grip safety, striker and loaded chamber indicator, were something I liked since this was my first handgun. I currently carry a Kahr P9, that has nothing more than a loaded chamber indicator, and a Long DA trigger that im perfectly comfortable with. So they are nice features, but not 100% necessary in my opinion.

Ultimately try shooting them both, or at the very least handling them.

I am very pleased with my XD, If i was going to buy a fullsize polymer frame 9mm I think I would buy an XDM9

Good luck, and let us know what you end up with.
    Last edited by Paintwerk; July 16th, 2009 at 12:35 PM.

(York County)

I like the grip angle and disassembly lever better on the XD. It's highly subjective.

Your replies are probably going to be similar to the Ford/Chevy debate that has been raging on for years!

(Tioga County)

I bought the XD over the Glock. THe XD fit my had better and gave me a better natural point. The ones I tried were all .45ACP. If you like the Glock I would suggest you stay with a Glock The grip angle is different than the XD.
    USNRET '61-'81

Both the Glock and the XD(and XDm) are perfectly adequate.

I don't see the need for the grip safety, so I prefer the Glock. Either one will get the job done.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Schuylkill County)

All you can do is handle, fondle and caress, an XD or XDm and if it fits you and you like it, then buy it and then you have the best of both worlds, that is till you get your first 1911 and then you will have the ultimate combat handgun ever. HAhahahah
    I dont have a square hand so the glocks dont fit me so good, but the XD is more on the lines of the 1911 and that grip angle fits me great, so i tend to go for the XD instead of the Glock.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast