Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Exclamation 2A "Backed Doored" thru Fed Healthcare

The current Congress/Administartion has been real quiet about the 2A but they are pushing like crazy for Fed. HC.
    I have been thinking that this could be a way in which they cut into the 2A . Once the Govt. is running / controling the HC system they are going to try and control ammo/guns thru the premise of HC , just like cigs/ booze & speeding. I my be off base but it just flows to easy for my liking.
    What do you all think?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: 2A "Backed Doored" thru Fed Healthcare

Actually, my biggest concern about nationalized healthcare is that it essentially gives the government the right to restrict the activities of the population, as the people become an investment of the government. Sure, it might not happen right away, or for a long time. But whereas right now, government needs to make emotional pleas and convince enough idiots to prohibit things like tobacco, drugs, and alternative lifestyles, after nationalized healthcare, it can simply become a matter of risk assessment. If you smoke, you're probably going to impose an unnecessary burden on the healthcare system, so you must stop. If you own a gun, that's dangerous, so you're not allowed because you'll cause an undue burden to the system. And so on.

But... seeing that there is no shortage of idiots with uncontrolled emotions who like to vote to criminalize victimless behavior, I doubt this would be a priority of government for a long time. Not to mention that the whole media/political/governmental orgy of special interests is fed by controversy, so it's not in their best interet to move too far from the status quo. Let's face it: if guns were severely restricted, DC-style, the anti-gunners would be out of jobs, and gun rights could no longer be used as an issue at the polls. If we had a very literal interpretation of the Second Amendment, then the NRA wouldn't have a purpose, and since crime would be down, there would be two fewer issues at the polls. So... I doubt, realistically, that Second Amendment rights will ever swing more than a few degrees to either side of the level of freedom afforded right now.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ