Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Anyone have the Kodak EASYSHARE Z1485 IS Digital Camera?

Seems like a decent one for the price and features from reviews I've read. Anyone have one and do you like it?

I don't really need anything really fancy and just want to upgrade from my 8 year old Kodak 1MP camera.

The more auto features the better for me

This seems like it will do fine.

Or if you can recommend something comparable that's better for around $200???

BTW, it's 14 MP and 5X optical zoom with optical image stabilization.

Thanks!
    Last edited by HiredGoon; July 15th, 2009 at 04:22 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Anyone have the Kodak EASYSHARE Z1485 IS Digital Camera?

Dont have any experience with that exact cameras, but I have owned 5 different EasyShares, and I feel they're pretty good for the money. Kodak's auto functions are pretty well balanced. I like their Steady Shot feature, and it really works well in the latest models.

Word of advice though, dont get caught up with MegaPixel numbers, because unless you plan on printing anything larger than 8x10s, 3MP is all you'll need. For most 'snapshots' or photos destined for computer viewing only, I always kept my cameras MP setting cranked way low, to maximize memory space.

Instead, one of the most important factors in a amateur digital camera is ergonomics. You can keep a camera steadier when it fits your hand correctly, and make zoom and focus adjustments smoother and faster when the buttons are well placed.

Following that, I'd go for the largest lens and light sensor you can get, to keep images crisp and balanced.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Anyone have the Kodak EASYSHARE Z1485 IS Digital Camera?

I have the Kodak Easy Share Z740, love the camera, doesn't have the stabilization feature but is a good "one hand" camera. It's only 5 mega pixels but that's plenty for the reasons already given.

The feature that was important to me was the 10x optical zoom, digital zoom loses quality. Put in a 2GB secure digital card and I can take lots of pictures.

Not going to win any photo contests but it's a great camera for memories, not a pocket camera either too bulky.