Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Re: Glock Trigger pull adjustment

I use that kit with a Lone Wolf 3.5lb connector. I also radius the striker block plunger. Trigger breaks around 3.25lbs. Doesn't feel mushy to me, but I'm pretty good with knowing the break point.

I haven't had any problems on small rifle primers for the past 1500 rounds, but it's hard to say how long the striker spring will last.

It's a decent setup on a budget, but if you're really serious get a Vanek.

Lycanlikeslightertriggersthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Thanks for all the great info. Right now I'm using the Glock 3.5lb connector and I polished evrything that can possibly be polished. I might buy the spring kit to play around with, but if it's unreliable then I'll stick with my current setup. I just wanted to make sure it was safe. Thanks again.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

I installed a Ghost Rocket 3.5# connector. That lessened the trigger pull to where the pistol fired by telepathy. I then installed an extra power striker spring, which brought the trigger pull up a little. No problems with reliability.

Reducing the striker spring can increase the rate of light primer strike. I wouldn't do it. Stick with the factory spring.

(Cambria County)

Default Glock Mods

I'm going to hijack this thread a bit because I have been considering some mods to my Glock also.

Normally I am a nazi about just keeping things stock, but I'm getting the itch to work in some upgrades. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome.

1. For certain, I want to do the 25cent trigger job. Although I don't think it will have much effect since I've done a good bit of dry-firing, and from what I understand that ends up having a similar effect.

2. Arredondo +3 mag extensions. I read that the Arredondo +5 mag extensions are really sturdy/attach well, but I think the +5 would be a bit too bulky.

3. Ghost Inc Rocket 3.5 Connector. Looks like it will both lighten the trigger and reduce over-travel without impacting reliability.

4. Wolff Extra Power Trigger Spring.

5. Wolff Reduced Power Safety Block Spring.

6. Glock Marine Spring Cups

7. Tungsten Recoil Rod. With stock power spring. I don't want to mod the striker spring, or the recoil spring.

8. Some kind of magwell, any suggestions? (preferably metal)

Default Re: Glock Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    3. Ghost Inc Rocket 3.5 Connector. Looks like it will both lighten the trigger and reduce over-travel without impacting reliability.
    It does. Just remember that the over-travel tab must be trimmed to the correct length.
    The trigger spring returns the trigger to the forward position. Extra Power would increase the trigger pull. Glock offers a NY trigger which is heavier and more like a revolver. I do not care for DA revolver trigger pulls, so I leave the trigger spring stock.
    From what I have felt, the safety block is such a small contributor to trigger pull, this mod is not worth it.
    7. Tungsten Recoil Rod. With stock power spring.
    The Tungsten rod did not have any noticable effect of recoil. But it does not interfere with function.

The other ideas, I do not have any real experience with. Good luck

(Chester County)

Default Re: Glock Mods

I'm going to hijack this thread a bit because I have been considering some mods to my Glock also.

Normally I am a nazi about just keeping things stock, but I'm getting the itch to work in some upgrades. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome.

1. For certain, I want to do the 25cent trigger job. Although I don't think it will have much effect since I've done a good bit of dry-firing, and from what I understand that ends up having a similar effect.

2. Arredondo +3 mag extensions. I read that the Arredondo +5 mag extensions are really sturdy/attach well, but I think the +5 would be a bit too bulky.

6. Glock Marine Spring Cups

7. Tungsten Recoil Rod. With stock power spring. I don't want to mod the striker spring, or the recoil spring.

8. Some kind of magwell, any suggestions? (preferably metal)
    I've seen a few people with Glocks that wouldn't go bang right, because of that "rocket" connector.

If this is for a game gun...go nuts. If you're thinking of doing this to a carry Glock, make sure to remind me to slap you across the face, should we ever meet.

Cheers!

(Allegheny County)

I am going to work a few mods to my 19 soon.

1. 3.5 lb connector... not sure which one... any suggestions... I'm not a fan of the Rocket though!

2. Some kind of metal recoil guide rod... not sure which one but I want the stock spring and it has to be a "captured spring" setup

3. extended slide release... it needs to come farther back on the frame... short fat thumbs!

4. extended mag release... it needs to come farther back on the frame... short fat thumbs!

5. metal pin kit... I like metal pins but I don't know how I feel about chrome... anyone know where I can find black metal ones?

6. night sights or TFO's

This will be a carry weapon still so I don't want it modified to much... just enough to make it sweeter than it already is!

Tonylikestotinkerwiththingsfly

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Fly View Post
    I am going to work a few mods to my 19 soon.

1. 3.5 lb connector... not sure which one... any suggestions... I'm not a fan of the Rocket though!

2. Some kind of metal recoil guide rod... not sure which one but I want the stock spring and it has to be a "captured spring" setup

3. extended slide release... it needs to come farther back on the frame... short fat thumbs!

4. extended mag release... it needs to come farther back on the frame... short fat thumbs!

5. metal pin kit... I like metal pins but I don't know how I feel about chrome... anyone know where I can find black metal ones?

6. night sights or TFO's

This will be a carry weapon still so I don't want it modified to much... just enough to make it sweeter than it already is!

1. Lone Wolf
    2. Why?
    3. Use the left thumb.
    4. Rotate your hand.
    5. Krylon
    6. Nite sights for carry.

Lycanmmmmbeerthrope
    Last edited by Lycanthrope; July 20th, 2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: spelling

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Fly View Post
    1......I'm not a fan of the Rocket though!......

2. .....it has to be a "captured spring" setup....

5. ....I like metal pins....

Just because I am curious, and trying to learn more about Glock mods... Why, why and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    1. Lone Wolf
    2. Why?
    3. Use the left thumb.
    4. Rotate your hand.
    5. Krylon
    6. Nite sights for carry.

Lycanmmmmbeerthrope
    1. Have you ever seen/used the Ghost Rocket? You think a person would be better off using the Lone Wolf and not worrying about the extra trigger travel? Is the Ghost Rocket hard to install?

2. I dunno about Tony, but I was considering a tungsten rod for the sake of getting some extra weight up by the muzzle. Think it makes a difference?

Carnesonlyhasonesyllableinhisnamesohedon'tgettodot hecoolLycan(tm)thropenamething

(York County)

I strongly suggest you not modify the trigger of Glock you carry for self defense.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast