Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default 9 year old shoots 6 year old

I did a search for this and didn't find anything. I first heard about it on wjpa's 3pm news update, driving home from work this afternoon. Actually I'm suprised it hasn't been posted here yet. I am quoting the first news source that came up when I googled the incident. I dont even know what to say about this one...

HOPEWELL TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- A 9-year-old Cumberland County boy is accused of shooting his 6-year-old sister.

The girl was airlifted to Penn State Hershey Medical Center Sunday morning after state police said her brother found a shotgun in his grandmother's home, loaded it and pulled the trigger.

The brother and sister were staying at their grandmother's home on Covered Bridge Road near Newburg for the weekend, state police said.

On Sunday morning, the brother loaded a Remington 20-gauge shotgun with a round used for trap shooting, troopers said.

"When they got there they discovered that a 9-year-old had shot a 6-year-old with a shotgun," said Lt. Gib Morrissey.

The girl was shot in the arm and torso.

Authorities said that they are still looking into why the boy shot his sister. However, they are not calling it an accident.

The shooting happened inside the small house and their grandmother was home at the time. It was her gun.

The boy found the shotgun in a bedroom in an unlocked gun case, state police said. It did not have a child lock on it, troopers said.

The boy is too young to face criminal charges. Authorities are looking into whether his grandmother should.

“There is no law that states your weapons have to be locked in your house or unloaded for that matter," said Morrissey. "But we're looking at some things as far as negligence."
    http://www.wgal.com/news/20035923/detail.html

PS: That article did not mention it, but in other articles it was mentioned that the girl is expected to recover.

State police spokesman Lt. Gib Morrissey said Monday the 6-year-old girl is at Penn State Hershey Medical Center and is expected to survive wounds to her left arm and torso.

(Perry County)

Default Re: 9 year old shoots 6 year old

He should never see the light of day again.

(Adams County)

While I think it's terrible and tragic, there sounds like something wrong with this 9 year old boy.

As for this part:

“There is no law that states your weapons have to be locked in your house or unloaded for that matter," said Morrissey. "But we're looking at some things as far as negligence."
    That translates into: "She did nothing wrong, and did nothing illegal. However, we're still going to find a way to make that bitch pay because the law I'm supposed to enforce is vastly different to what I think it should be, and since I'm an expert in my own opinion and not the law, my opinion is far more important than petty rules written by dead guys."

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    That translates into: "She did nothing wrong, and did nothing illegal. However, we're still going to find a way to make that bitch pay because the law I'm supposed to enforce is vastly different to what I think it should be, and since I'm an expert in my own opinion and not the law, my opinion is far more important than petty rules written by dead guys."
    Exactly.

And this wasn't like some accident where the kid found a gun and had no idea what the hell it was. He opened the case, loaded it, then shot his sister. So I guess he just wanted to see what would happen to a person if he shot them with a shotgun? All the makings of a psychopath...

(York County)

gas him, we have another crazy in the making
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Banana View Post
    He should never see the light of day again.
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    gas him, we have another crazy in the making
    Maybe I am missing the sarcasm, but I don't think I am. I am all for eradicating career violent criminals, but a disturbed 9 year old just doesn't raise to that level.

(Lycoming County)

and besides, who doesn't want to know what happens when you shoot someone with a shotgun

(Westmoreland County)

Distressing.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    Maybe I am missing the sarcasm, but I don't think I am. I am all for eradicating career violent criminals, but a disturbed 9 year old just doesn't raise to that level.
    Sarcasm friend.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Banana View Post
    Sarcasm friend.
    That's good to hear. Sorry I missed it. I haven't gotten to read enough of your posts to get a feel for your style.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast