Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Open carry training memo for LEO dept'sin PA [final draft]

I'm looking forward to hearing about any responses you get too.

I wonder what the ratio will be as to how many make it to the top of the chain of command then filter down to the masses...........and how many don't make it past the person who opens the mail.

(Allegheny County)

I gave it to my PSP guy who's gonna give it to his boss at the N. Fayette barracks.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    I'm looking forward to hearing about any responses you get too.

I wonder what the ratio will be as to how many make it to the top of the chain of command then filter down to the masses...........and how many don't make it past the person who opens the mail.

I'll post any responses. IF I get any...
    As far as what becomes of these letters, well I was thinking about just that same thing today. I may just send a follow-up letter to all recipients in a few months politely asking if they found the material useful or not and if they had any questions or comments... I'm pushy like that sometimes when it comes to dealing with public officials

(Allegheny County)

...I may just send a follow-up letter to all recipients in a few months politely asking if they found the material useful or not and if they had any questions or comments... I'm pushy like that sometimes when it comes to dealing with public officials
    Pa. Patriot,
    That's not being pushy, that's being reasonable, courteous and professional.
    Thank you for your efforts. If the message gets through to just a few, we all will benefit from it.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Luzerne County)

Patriot

You'll be happy to know that I OCed today at Turkey Hill. Not one comment or glaring look. A curious look from one but nothing more. Sorry I missed your call the other day. We got caught up in Pirates of the Carribean Dead Man's Chest. AWESOME!!!

(Lancaster County)

I cant wait! My mom just agreed to me buying a pistol. I am pretty happy but it is more for self defense and the fact that my own girlfriend doesn't feel safe without me having a handgun. She wont even drive to lancaster city without anyone because of all the crap happening. What is our world turning into? Anyway I am sending one to Ephrata Police Department tonight/tomorrow.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

Quote Originally Posted by SharpShooter88 View Post
    I cant wait! My mom just agreed to me buying a pistol. I am pretty happy but it is more for self defense and the fact that my own girlfriend doesn't feel safe without me having a handgun. She wont even drive to lancaster city without anyone because of all the crap happening. What is our world turning into? Anyway I am sending one to Ephrata Police Department tonight/tomorrow.
    just want to make sure you know that you can not carry a loaded handgun in your vehicle unless you have a valid PA LTCF, even if your carrying it in a way that when you get out on foot its visible its still considered concealed when your in your vehicle. you need to have the firearm unloaded and in a separate container than the ammo is in..

just read how you said she felt unsafe in the car and wanted to make sure you knew that, dont want to see you getting into trouble when trying to do it the legal way..

(Allegheny County)

yeah, if you dont have a ltcf, dont you always have to be going to or from your place of assembly to go to a range?

I'm 19, so I'm basically always going to the range if you know what i mean...lol

also, I think I'm gonna go ahead and print that out and hand it to the clinton co. sherrif in person, while open carrying of course.

(Beaver County)

This memo will be mailed to the Hopewell Police Department, Beaver County, in response to my other thread.

(Washington County)

yeah, if you dont have a ltcf, dont you always have to be going to or from your place of assembly to go to a range?

I'm 19, so I'm basically always going to the range if you know what i mean...lol

also, I think I'm gonna go ahead and print that out and hand it to the clinton co. sherrif in person, while open carrying of course.
    Yes, but not on your hip! It is then considered concealed, and without a LTCF, a big no-no.

23 Pa.C.S. § 6106 (a): Offense defined.--Any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.
    In addition, it can't be loaded either.

23 Pa.C.S. § 6106 (b) 4: Any persons engaged in target shooting with rifle, pistol, or revolver, if such persons are at or are going to or from their places of assembly or target practice and if, while going to or from their places of assembly or target practice, the cartridges or shells are carried in a separate container and the rifle, pistol or revolver is unloaded.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast