Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default No balls for you!

This once great nation is becoming a bigger joke every day.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/20013283/detail.html

No Balls Allowed In Canton Park
    Balls, Frisbees Outlawed

POSTED: 8:06 am EDT July 10, 2009
    CANTON, Ga. -- The city of Canton, Ga. passed a law banning active sports in two parks.

Violators could be arrested for playing with balls or Frisbees in Boling Park and Heritage Park.

No one has been arrested yet. Right now their focus is alerting the public about the new rule, but some are not happy about it.

“Were sitting there playing Frisbee and we run when we see a cop like we’re doing a drug deal. It’s just ridiculous,” said Cody Fulkerson. “We didn't think it’s right so we are speaking up for it.”

City council members listened, but they say the reason the law is necessary is other people have complained that these parks have become dangerous for joggers or people just out enjoying a stroll.

The concern is getting hit by a fast moving ball or flying Frisbee.

One group is hoping they can find common ground with council members. They plan on showing up at every council meeting in protest until the law is changed.

“We will not let up. We want to get this changed they said its fair but it’s really one sided,” said Mark Sghiatti.

The council plans on discussing this further during next week’s meeting.

Right now there are no immediate plans on changing the rules.
    Last edited by 625; January 8th, 2010 at 05:13 PM.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: No balls for you!

unreal.....

(Berks County)

Reminds me of when the City of Allentown went around to drug dealers on the streets and asked them not to sell drugs when kids were going to and coming home from school. If you can PID dealers to do that, then why can't you do it to arrest them? Just askin'.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot???

what ever happend to taking the useless animals out back and plug'n em?

(Lebanon County)

I thought GA was a pretty grounded state, wonder if this is around Atlanta? just goes to show how little responsibility for ones self many people want to abdicate, can't even keep their eyes and ears open for a "Fast moving ball or Frisbee" how the heck are they gonna maintain situational awareness for a CAR, BUS OR TRUCK? How about muggers? They should get those bubble boy 'Balls' one for each counsel member who supported this ludicrous law.

(Lehigh County)

I would be the council members got picked last for dodgeball when they were in grade school.

Public parks are just that, public parks. Kids today do not have places to play like when I was young. A lot of parks have signs, "BALL FIELDS ARE FOR COMPETITIVE PLAY ONLY". I was playing a pick-up softball game last summer and the police came and made us leave because of the signs. I tried to argue that we are "Competing", they said the "intent" was for organized teams with permission from the township could use the fields. One of the guys playing (who lived in the township) went to the council meeting with the arguement that his taxes went to the maintenance of the park and should be no reason he(we) shouldn't be able to play ball there. They refused to acknowledge his point. Last I heard he was getting a petition together... I never did find out the outcome.

When I was a kid, we played baseball all summer long, on city/township ballfields. I think this is why there are so many out of shape kids today.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Monroe County)

this is absolutely ridiculous!

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    I would be the council members got picked last for dodgeball when they were in grade school.

Public parks are just that, public parks. Kids today do not have places to play like when I was young. A lot of parks have signs, "BALL FIELDS ARE FOR COMPETITIVE PLAY ONLY". I was playing a pick-up softball game last summer and the police came and made us leave because of the signs. I tried to argue that we are "Competing", they said the "intent" was for organized teams with permission from the township could use the fields. One of the guys playing (who lived in the township) went to the council meeting with the arguement that his taxes went to the maintenance of the park and should be no reason he(we) shouldn't be able to play ball there. They refused to acknowledge his point. Last I heard he was getting a petition together... I never did find out the outcome.

When I was a kid, we played baseball all summer long, on city/township ballfields. I think this is why there are so many out of shape kids today.
    Yep. Can't run, play baseball, basketball, hockey, rollorblade, soccer football anymore because there's nowhere left that "they" allow you too...but there sure are a shitload of gold courses and private fields and parks. I'd never seen a golf course except on TV growing up, now I can drive from my home and hit one within 10 minutes going in any direction. I still can't find a place they'll let me put the skates on and shoot a puck into a net though.

Someone needs to go out and play catch, then let them arrest them and sue the living shit out of the city ... what a load of shit.

(Elk County)

Coming soon to a theater near you.

Narrator: In a world were man has lost his way, one man and one woman will risk it all to bring it back.

Police Chief: There is no playing ball in my parks!

Man: I don't need your permission, its my right!

Narrator: What Will they Sacrifice?

Woman: My dad taught me how to play softball here, and then those monsters killed him.

Narrator: What do they have to lose?

Mother: I can't let you ruin your life over a stupid plastic disk!

Man: If I can't go out there and play Frisbee, my life is already over.

Narrator: Coming this fall... "Play Ball" *This film not yet rated*

That being said, this is horse crap. Who dreams this junk up? Who ever runs the show in Canton needs a visit from Jayne!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ZTLUtt9qI