Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default "There's no good reason to have a gun on your person in a bar," Judge Baratta said.

(Berks County)

Default Re: "There's no good reason to have a gun on your person in a bar," Judge Baratta sai

The guy was denied a LTCF and carried a concealed firearm, so he broke the law and is going to jail.

Not only was the gun loaded, but a bullet was in the chamber, Northampton County Judge Stephen G. Baratta said Wednesday.
    Oh no! the horror!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: "There's no good reason to have a gun on your person in a bar," Judge Baratta sai

Not only was the gun loaded, but a bullet was in the chamber, Northampton County Judge Stephen G. Baratta said
    So? Which law does this violate?

The gun fell to the floor and another bar patron saw it before Morrison put it in his waistband, Baratta said
    Ok, maybe he should go to jail just for that stupidity. That's exactly how Plaxico Burress shot himself..... in a bar.

Baratta said having the weapon while drinking endangered Morrison and people in the bar.
    How exactly does consuming liquids make guns discharge?

"There's no good reason to have a gun on your person in a bar," Baratta said.
    Really? I hear about shootings in (or outside) of bars all the time.

The guy was a convicted felon so yea, he broke the law, but the Judge is way off base on the dangers of guns. Unfortunately, in this case, the guy was probably not far from killing/harming himself or others.

Baratta said Morrison carrying a pistol was a reflection of society, particularly kids playing video games
    That's right, you heard it here first. Nobody owned or carried a gun until after playing violent video games.

This judge is a real piece of work. While Morrison was definitely guilty of a felony, the judge's rhetoric worries me that she's going to convict a lawful gun owner...

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post
    The guy was a convicted felon so yea, he broke the law, but the Judge is way off base on the dangers of guns. Unfortunately, in this case, the guy was probably not far from killing/harming himself or others.
    My thoughts exactly.

While many of the comments from the judge and the paper itself are stupid at best this person was prohibited, period, and what he did broke the law, period.

It's idiots like this that give the press ammo to use in their witch hunt over our LEGAL rights.

(Somerset County)

[QUOTE=BTA88;808033]That's right, you heard it here first. Nobody owned or carried a gun until after playing violent video games.

I am so proud I never played video games . Now I see what they cause people to do . .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Westmoreland County)

I have zero sympathy towards Morrison. However, Judge Baratta is delusional, and obviously has a fixed belief that guns are evil. It's scary to think someone is going to be (or has already been) a victim of Baratta's poisoned mindset.

Baratta said Morrison carrying a pistol was a reflection of society, particularly kids playing video games.

"They all want to be hit men," Baratta said. "Our youth these days seem to revel in violence and guns."
    Uh... I'm just speechless...

(Lycoming County)

i think i have actually gotten dumber by reading that artical

(Bucks County)

What a horrible article. It implies (right up until the last line) that carrying a gun in a bar is the crime Morrison committed.

(Perry County)

Regardless of my opinion, the man broke the law.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast