With the release of the XDM. I'm sure like me. Many XD owners were excited. Springfield was bringing out a Match Ready XD. Plus one that may fit my betterhalfs hands better since she has such small hands. I was all ready to run out and buy one. Then I heard the bad news.

The new XDM didn't take the old XD magazines. They had changed them slightly so that they wouldn't work. YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!

The more I thought about this the more it p*ssed me off. I have spent a lot of money on my current selection of XD's. Magazines aren't cheap, and I have built a small collection of them. I have two full size XD's and a subcompact. I can use all my full size mags in all the XD's I have. Even the full size ones will fit in the subcompact allowing me to use them in both pistols.

Why would you bring out another XD and not let the magazines interchange. Heck, even Glocks do this. And I'm not a Glock fan, but they are smart enough to keep the mags the same for convenience and customer benefits. If it is an XD, the mags should work in all XD's.

If you can't use the mags from the XD's in the XDM. It shouldn't be called an XD. It should have been called something different. I wrote and let Springfield know it too. They sent me a reply that just said that the XDM is a different' pistol. Well, Duhhhhhhh. Then don't call it an XD.

Please feel free to write Springfield and express you displeasure. I know I have talked to many that aren't happy about this. And we need to let Springfield know it. It really p*sses me off, cause I know the main reason reason they did it, was to 1) ride off the reputation of the XD. 2)Make us buy new "EVERYTHING" if you wanted this pistol.

I'm not happy.

Rant over.