Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Talking New Taurus PT111 Millennium....

With so many varied views and opinions on the PT111, I thought I'd add some here....I was in the market for a 9mm for concealment. As usual, I scoured the internet checking this site and that for as many opinions as I could find. What I finally decided on was a Taurus Millennium PT111. This was my first Taurus and am happy to say will not be my last. I just finished 300 rounds at the range with very positive results. Ammo used...Remington 9mm 115gr. (hollow points as well). Right out of the box, at 25 yds - nice center pattern. At 50 yds. my sights were a little to the right (most likely my error!) - still center patterns.

From what I've read so far most complaints stem from the frame cracking, clip rattling after 10 rounds are loaded, long trigger pull, etc. Maybe I got a Friday Taurus (lol) 'cause so far I can only vouch for the long trigger pull. This does take some getting used to. One of my favorite pieces I own is a Model 19 S & W 357 with a real fine hair trigger. What a difference. I don't consider it a negative though.

Oh, one more issue. There were some complaints about Taurus' Customer Service. Stupid me lost the Security Key set that came with the gun. One call to Taurus took care of it. Without question they are sending me out a new set. I found customer service to be very helpful over the phone.

To sum it up - nice piece to carry. No mis-fires yet, no jamming. The Taurus' weight is a perfect balance. Recoil is minimal - what you would expect out of a 9mm of this size. Very comfortable to wear. Hey...it's only my thoughts. Feel free to add yours!! Later.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: New Taurus PT111 Millennium....

Pics or it's all a lie!

Lycanletsseeherthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Bucks County)

Pics he wants.....pics he gets....enjoy!!

I think he meant of the targets....that shooting sound quite good at those distances.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Bucks County)

Sorry for my mess up. In my haste to get the pics posted, I forgot the targets! Ok..ok...it may be just a wee bit less than the stated 25 & 50 yds....but pretty close. I'm just a beginner....I've only been shooting for a little over 40 years now, so go easy on me folks. Anyway, I hope the pics come out ok.

(Delaware County)

As far as the frame cracking you have a millenium PRO. The PRO series should not have that problem. I had very bad luck with Taurus customer service, no secret, but my family has 4 very reliable Taurus firearms. Good luck with it.

(Bucks County)

This is the first load of 10 shots....got some more practice to do, but that's ok.

Another view with a few more shots. I don't know whether to adjust the sights now or wait till I run a few more hundred rounds through. Any thoughts?

(Bucks County)

That's good to know...thanks for the tip. So far...no regrets. We'll see...

(Lawrence County)

Actually, I prefer gun pics to targets, but the whole package rocks.

Thanks!

Lycanniceadditionthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Centre County)

I have one with a Ti slide. I don't even practice with it over 10 yds. Its a decent CCW and thats it. A 3-1/2" barrel just doesn't make for a good long range gun. at 10 yds I can hit center mass 10/10 from standing. At 25 yds I can hit a man-sized target most of the time from standing, 10/10 from supported.

The cracked frame problem has supposedly been fixed with the addition of a 3rd pin in the frame.

The trigger is admittedly terrible but the light weight and overall small size make it an adequate and reliable carry gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast