Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Allegheny County homosexual special rights Ordinance 4201-08

Quote Originally Posted by YllwFvr View Post
    I would get upset sitting next to a guy with more metal on his face than a steel mill.
    Well then, you wouldn't have wanted to hang out with me 10 years ago.
    Just out of curiosity, why would that bother you? Seriously, no sarcasm intended, why would someone's choice of jewelry placement upset you?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    Well then, you wouldn't have wanted to hang out with me 10 years ago.
    Just out of curiosity, why would that bother you? Seriously, no sarcasm intended, why would someone's choice of jewelry placement upset you?

"bizarre" appearances are always unsettling. what is "bizzarre" is determined by the predominant culture. it is assumed that individuals who take on bizzarre appearance do so to provoke, or shock witnesses.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    Some people who feel repressed in certain settings really compensate for that in settings that they feel or assume are safe. Others that come from a background of repression compensate in every area of their life once they're “out”. That's not so much a gay thing as it is a human thing. It's not even so much of a man thing, once you get a girl who grows up thinking sex is bad and dirty out into the real world, such as college, and she realizes that sex is okay, many tend to become sluts and party a lot harder than the girls that came in with a more liberated and experienced background.

For most, that eventually dies out, but it does take longer than one would expect.

I kinda reminds me of the young kids who hit college and finally learn what politics is all about, they're more than happy to talk loudly over everyone else in the room at any given time about their political views all of the sudden. The kid who didn't even know what the electoral process was yesterday will tell you all about who he's voting for in 3 years today and why that platform is the one that will fix everything. Most of those kids grew up being told what to think (or felt that way) while being molded and shaped by their parents and peers, and once someone introduces them to the radical idea that they can think for themselves (or in some cases, "you can think like I think"), they chomp down on that bit and have a real hard time letting go.
    So very true. I remember when I first came out. I was so 'in your face' about what I was it was scary. And the anger for all the years I bought into the lies about gays that I wanted to dish it back to the people and institutions that fed me those lies.

Now I try to blend in and not make waves when I can. And I get embarrassed when I am around the ones who are like what I was.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    So very true. I remember when I first came out. I was so 'in your face' about what I was it was scary. And the anger for all the years I bought into the lies about gays that I wanted to dish it back to the people and institutions that fed me those lies.

Now I try to blend in and not make waves when I can. And I get embarrassed when I am around the ones who are like what I was.
    we don't care who you shag. how you shoot is more important. despite the "stick up their a$$ types" predominant on this board telling us all how to live and how to talk, most shooters i know are cool people who just wanna go their own way unmolested. welcome to the club.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678