Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sig p229 questions??

Ok so I've come to the conclusion that the Sig P229 is the perfect pistol for me.
    I can get a nib one for $729, I guess it's just the base model.
    One with night sights is $799.
    I went to the Sig site and there seems to be quite a few different models.

So heres the deal. I love my 239's srt trigger and I want a DA/SA. I don't need anything fancy. So which model am I looking for?

P.S Damn you 1blindref with your "Be careful Sigs tend to multiply". So right your were.

Default Re: Sig p229 questions??

Used to be that only the Elites had the SRT's from the factory - they can be added to any Classic P-series Sig by a competent smith. I think Richie Flynn has done several. I beleive that they are now also available from the factory in the SAS Gen II pistols. Get whichever 229 tickles your fancy and add the trigger if need be. Great guns - my primary carry piece at this time, in .357 Sig. Have fun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

(York County)

First off, your right, Sigs are very addictive, its hard to stop at one. I have 3 myself (P226, P226 Combat, and P239).

Secondly, i'd just get the standard model P229. Its DA/SA. But really, i think you'll like any Sig you get.

(Monroe County)

if you like the SRT, go with the elite, its got night sights, rails, da/sa, and the SRT, as well as an extende beaver tail.. spend a little extra now and get exactly what you want, itll save you money in the long run.it will only cost you a little more at any honest gun shop.
    edit: the elites also have front cocking serrations to add to the beauty and function.
    Last edited by CHEMICAL; July 3rd, 2009 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    Used to be that only the Elites had the SRT's from the factory - they can be added to any Classic P-series Sig by a competent smith. I think Richie Flynn has done several. I beleive that they are now also available from the factory in the SAS Gen II pistols. Get whichever 229 tickles your fancy and add the trigger if need be. Great guns - my primary carry piece at this time, in .357 Sig. Have fun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    I really love the SRT on my 239. I know the 229 at the range doesn't have it but it is still sweet.
    I know with my SW99 Walther makes a few different trigger systems.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow View Post
    First off, your right, Sigs are very addictive, its hard to stop at one. I have 3 myself (P226, P226 Combat, and P239).

Secondly, i'd just get the standard model P229. Its DA/SA. But really, i think you'll like any Sig you get.
    I love my 239 but want more ass and capacity than 9mm and 8+1

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    I really love the SRT on my 239. I know the 229 at the range doesn't have it but it is still sweet.
    I know with my SW99 Walther makes a few different trigger systems.

since you live in bucks, go to claytons and ask for christian, see what he can do for ya on the price for the elite.

(York County)

Sig does make 10 round P239 magazines. I have and use one on mine.

Regardless, let us know what you decide to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    since you live in bucks, go to claytons and ask for christian, see what he can do for ya on the price for the elite.
    What do they retail for? I would love to get the elite but I have a wife that can be a real PITA. It was hard enough telling her I was spending the $700+ for the regular. Not that I'm P-whooped but keep in mind I just bought a 239, a Camaro convertible and an M1 Garand in the last 3 months.
    Though they were all cash purchases and I don't owe anyone anything except mortgage and $300 mo. car payment.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow View Post
    Sig does make 10 round P239 magazines. I have and use one on mine.

Regardless, let us know what you decide to go with.
    Nice, I'd like to pick a few of them up. I use the 239 for carrying so an extra 2 is always a nice piece of mind. Where did you get them and who makes them?

And you can bet I'll let you all know when and what I get. I'll be too excited to keep it to myself.

(Monroe County)

What do they retail for? I would love to get the elite but I have a wife that can be a real PITA. It was hard enough telling her I was spending the $700+ for the regular. Not that I'm P-whooped but keep in mind I just bought a 239, a Camaro convertible and an M1 Garand in the last 3 months.
    Though they were all cash purchases and I don't owe anyone anything except mortgage and $300 mo. car payment.

Nice, I'd like to pick a few of them up. I use the 239 for carrying so an extra 2 is always a nice piece of mind. Where did you get them and who makes them?

And you can bet I'll let you all know when and what I get. I'll be too excited to keep it to myself.
    hmmm....retail you can probably find them for between $850.-$950., might not be able to get away with that with the wife. just remember, to replace the trigger you very well may have to pay for the trigger group,,shipping,,and installation, depending on where you purchase it from.

good luck with your search.either one you decide to buy will make you happy. i just spoke with christian earlier and he said he believes they have a couple at the shop right now....(edit) he was not there when i spoke with him or he would have checked...

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    hmmm....retail you can probably find them for between $850.-$950., might not be able to get away with that with the wife. just remember, to replace the trigger you very well may have to pay for the trigger group,,shipping,,and installation, depending on where you purchase it from.

good luck with your search.either one you decide to buy will make you happy. i just spoke with christian earlier and he said he believes they have a couple at the shop right now....(edit) he was not there when i spoke with him or he would have checked...
    If I can get an elite for $800 I'm sold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast