I wanted to warn some of you that have a .50 BMG Upper made by ALS. I'm not trying to stir the pot, and I have NOT witnessed any of these first hand. I know that not many people have talked about this subject though and I wanted it here to maybe save someone's life. This is the second instance that I have heard about this happening with an ALS .50 BMG upper. The first instance supposedly almost killed the shooter and tore his eye from the skull. I ran across some photos of the incident, but they were later taken down, so I can't provide any. Then today I saw this post on sniper's hide.

"This past weekend at an FCSA match an ALS upper detonated out of battery seriously injuring the shooter. This is the second such an occurance in less than a year. So if you shoot an ALS 50 cal upper the manufacturer has stated not to shoot the gun until this is fully investigated and a fix is found."

I checked ALS' website, and didn't find any warnings, or mention of such an event. Either way, it's something that you might ought to consider and do a bit more of research into.