Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Moly fusion?

Default Moly fusion?

Has anyone used moly fusion? Its used for less friction...it is commonly used on bullets. I've heard it being used on some moving parts in guns, and I'm thinking about using the stuff on my current rifles to make the bolt and triggers smoother. Also, I was thinking to use it on any moving parts that need to be well oiled in the future, namely pistols. I don't plan on coating the barrel or any of my bullets in the stuff, though. I'm very curious about this stuff and would appreciate any first hand experiences .

http://www.shootersolutions.com/molyfusion1.html

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Moly fusion?

I bought a pound of extra fine molybdenum disulfide powder a few years ago. (Split it with another guy, $40.00 a pound, but a pound is a LOT of moly). I moly coated some bullets and decided that for the shooting I do it isn't worth it. If I were doing long range bench rest shooting with a super fast wildcat it might be different.
    I've used it to lube actions and triggers, what a difference! Better than any liquid lube I know of. I've mixed it with oil to get it into hard to reach places and used it dry on exposed surfaces. I also put about a teaspoon of it in my engine at every oil change and used some on high wear pivot points on some machinery at work. It works well, but what a mess it makes if you get just a little bit sloppy with it. If you've ever used powdered graphite and thought it was hard to clean up, you ain't seen nothin' yet. That's part of what makes it such a good lube, when it gets on a surface it's almost impossible get it off, even when you do get it looking clean it isn't all gone. It's so fine that it penetrates even the tiniest pores and leaves a very tough and slick coating.
    I tried it, I like it. I have no regrets about spending the money.
    Even with adding it to the oil in my cars, I still have a lot left, it really goes a long way.

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up Re: Moly fusion?

Hey Mauser,I have the ready mixed stuff from work,didn't think to use it on the guns..might use it in the SKS,the rails that the bolt slides on.
    good heads up on that !!!Thanks
    Your Kung Fu...not very good

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb889 View Post
    I have both used and sold the "MolyFusion" product. It is not the type of moly for coating bullets. It is a bore and/or parts treatment. It works extemely well. I used it on a tricked-out 10/22 rifle with great results. Better velocities and ease of cleaning.

Hit the website and read everything twice, just to understand it all, LOL !!

(Wayne County)

http://sentrysolutions.com/welcome.shtml
    This is the stuff I started using both the dry and the liquid. The oil dries relatively fast to a dry touch. I also use the moly lube. I don't know if there are less expensive products but this stuff works.

(Luzerne County)

The Sentry Solutions BP-2000 Powder and Smooth-Koke are great products as well ( * Brownells sells it as Action Magic ). It is readly more available than Moly-Fusion.