Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Thumbs down First bad Gunbroker experience

I've been buying online for a few years now. My rating as a buyer is 68(did sell twice, but other 66 were buys) and 100% positive. I also have a 10 on auctionarms.com with 100% positive.
    I always check the seller for any negative feedback, then check the ppl who gave that feedback. This seller had a 225 rating with 100% positive feedback.
    Sounds encouraging, right?
    I win 2 auctions with this guy with a buy-it-now option, he advertised combines shipping. These are 1k 55gr 223cal bullet heads, each auction. He first tells me shipping is $9 each auction totalling $18. I ask about the combining shipping he offers, he replies he will take $2 off.
    ?? Small bags in Priority mail box should be same shipping, right? He says insurance and packing materials brings it up.
    ?? Packing materials? They are bullets.
    Anyway, I open up the new, unused prior Priority Mail box(no tears or openings anywhere..totally clear-taped and sealed) to find one dbl wrapped complete bag and one ripped open..scattered bullets all over the box. By the way, the "packing materials" was two pieces of brown paper.
    After loading the opened bag, I come up 55 heads short, coming to around $6. I contact buyer about the shortage, he tells me he contacted the post office and an inspector will contact me the following week.
    Never contacted. I guess the insurance part was bs, eh?
    He then responds saying I am lying to make up for the extra shipping he charged me.
    ??? All this time spent for $6??
    I say I just want what I paid for and if he refused to make right I will leave appropriate feedback for others to beware. He then says "even whiners can leave feedback".
    ?? Is he serious?
    I just goes to show you 100% positive feedback doesn't guarantee you will have a good experience.

Default Re: First bad Gunbroker experience

give him a big NEG!
    FJB

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    give him a big NEG!
    I already left him positive feedback that can be changed up to 30 days after left. He left positive for me before I left for him, so I am waiting till the 30 days is up for mine before changing his. I paid immediately and contacted immediately after auction, so I should be in the clear, but with this jerk, who knows what he'll do after I change his, so just to be safe with my feedback I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    I already left him positive feedback that can be changed up to 30 days after left. He left positive for me before I left for him, so I am waiting till the 30 days is up for mine before changing his. I paid immediately and contacted immediately after auction, so I should be in the clear, but with this jerk, who knows what he'll do after I change his, so just to be safe with my feedback I'll wait.
    Well, knowing that you will probably change him to a neg, won't he probably change yours to a neg anyway, even before he sees yours about him? Just sayin'.

Anyway, he sounds like a 100% jerk.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Well, knowing that you will probably change him to a neg, won't he probably change yours to a neg anyway, even before he sees yours about him? Just sayin'.

Anyway, he sounds like a 100% jerk.
    He might, but hasn't so far. Five days left on that timeframe. I'm betting he doesn't want to stir up the pot unless I change feedback first. Like I said, he's at 100%, most sellers don't want to f*** that up. Too late for him though. Next Friday nite his rep will be blazing red from me.

(Philadelphia County)

One thing that drives me NUTS about eBay/GB feedback is this.

As a buyer, once I pay for my goods, my end of the transaction is DONE.
    I should receive positive feedback for a prompt payment. Plain and simple.

As a seller, once I receive a prompt payment, I leave feedback.

It doesn't always happen that way and 99% of the time, if I purchase something, the seller waits until I (the buyer) leaves positive feedback as almost an insurance policy of sorts. He can dick around with not shipping/bad service etc then slam me with a NEG (I have perfect feedback, so that kind of matters)

Pisses me off to no end...

Anyway, I've had little experience with GB (luckily all positive) so is there any way yo report him, or do a chargeback on your CC (if paid that way)

Either way, I hope you get some type of resolve and rule of thumb. As a buyer, do not leave feedback until the product is in your hand as described.

(Allegheny County)

Is it remotely possible that the package was damaged in shipping, heads were scattered and lost, and the shipping company taped the box back up before sending them on their way?
    "Giving up freedom for security is beginning to look naïve".

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny1969 View Post
    Is it remotely possible that the package was damaged in shipping, heads were scattered and lost, and the shipping company taped the box back up before sending them on their way?
    No. This was sent Priority Mail in their medium sized box. It was in perfect condition. He had taped a piece of paper for address across the seam, so if it were opened and retaped, that paper would show some sign of it..it didn't. Box was not the issue. He lied about the extra for insurance, there was none. He lied about the extra for "packing materials" as two pieces of brown packing paper doesn't account for $7 extra. He was boosting his profit with the shipping, didn't like me asking him to honor his offer of combining shipping, so he took a handful out before taping up..it's obvious.

No. This was sent Priority Mail in their medium sized box. It was in perfect condition. He had taped a piece of paper for address across the seam, so if it were opened and retaped, that paper would show some sign of it..it didn't. Box was not the issue. He lied about the extra for insurance, there was none. He lied about the extra for "packing materials" as two pieces of brown packing paper doesn't account for $7 extra. He was boosting his profit with the shipping, didn't like me asking him to honor his offer of combining shipping, so he took a handful out before taping up..it's obvious.
    Just boggles the mind that he (the seller) could be such a dickhead liar and cheater about this for a few lousy bucks...and that he has 100% +.

Maybe you should let us know who he is so others can avoid him??

(York County)

Care to share his user name that way other can avoid this situation? Hopefully that may prevent someone else from going through something similar.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast