Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default I'd like to go to Philly and act like a tourist. Any suggestions/recommendations?

I've been to Philadelphia several times over the years, yet never really experienced what the city has to offer.

Years ago I worked in Philadelphia for a very short time. I went to work at my job, and when I was finished, I left the city to go home and that's about it.

Any suggestions or recommendations? Where to go, what to do, restaurants, clubs, events, venues, etc.

Thanks,

Rand
    Last edited by dnar; January 24th, 2008 at 03:05 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: I'd like to go to Philly and act like a tourist. Any suggestions/recommendations?

For some good food and drink in Old City check out National Mechanics (Disclaimer: I know the owners).
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: I'd like to go to Philly and act like a tourist. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Years ago someone asked about places to go and I sent him to a gay bar. The next Monday at work he was real pissed. I wish I knew a place to send you in Philly. LOL

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    For some good food and drink in Old City check out National Mechanics (Disclaimer: I know the owners).
    Hey danp,

Thanks for the tip, and I hope that I can find the place I'm sooo not good with directions, lol!

Take care,

Rand

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    Years ago someone asked about places to go and I sent him to a gay bar. The next Monday at work he was real pissed. I wish I knew a place to send you in Philly. LOL
    Hey Rand check out a club called Shampoo.
    HAHAHA i crack myself up.

Actually Oasis and Cheerleaders are some fine establishments, after shampoo youll need one to set you "straight" again.

Penns landing, One of the new stadiums for a game, Pat's - Geno's, Art museum, Franklin Institute.... im sure theres alot more.

ps. to anyone here who i may offend by Shampoo, or the "straight" comment relax its a joke.

(Berks County)

Hey Siobhra,

First of all . . . LOL! Are you serious, and is he still your friend? By the way, did he "SCORE" that night? Lol! It really doesn't matter if you send me to that kind of bar, because I carry a gun with me for protection you know, lol!

On a few occasions when I lived in Hawaii, I walked into that kind of bar and let me tell you, like bees on Honey Suckel, I witnessed a swarm like no other, lol! (For the record, I was the Honey Suckel, lol!)

Take care,

Rand

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevmeister View Post
    Hey Rand check out a club called Shampoo.
    HAHAHA i crack myself up.

Actually Oasis and Cheerleaders are some fine establishments, after shampoo youll need one to set you "straight" again.

Penns landing, One of the new stadiums for a game, Pat's - Geno's, Art museum, Franklin Institute.... im sure theres alot more.

ps. to anyone here who i may offend by Shampoo, or the "straight" comment relax its a joke.
    Hey Chevmeister,

Thanks man for the info!

Hmm, a club called Shampoo? Well that depends, would going there make my hair softer, bouncier and shinier than ever before? Lol!

Take care,

Rand
    Last edited by dnar; May 28th, 2007 at 08:55 AM. Reason: edit text.

(Montgomery County)

It was a 'girls night out'. Some of the best food to be had at a price working people can afford is in the gay places around Spruce Street. So for food, yes the "Gayborhood" is the place to go.

But for sightseeing most of the places are controlled by the government and I don't believe guns are allowed.

You could go to the Constitution Center and at the government expense they will teach you that gun rights are not personal rights. The 2ed amendment grants the government the right to keep arms and not civilians. So you can see your tax money at work.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by rand View Post
    Hey Siobhra,

First of all . . . LOL! Are you serious, and is he still your friend? By the way, did he "SCORE" that night? Lol! It really doesn't matter if you send me to that kind of bar, because I carry a gun with me for protection you know, lol!

On a few occasions when I lived in Hawaii, I walked into that kind of bar and let me tell you, like bees on Honey Suckel, I witnessed a swarm like no other, lol! (For the record, I was the Honey Suckel, lol!)

Take care,

Rand
    Have you heard of the Pink Pistols? They are the ones who got me into shooting. They bring a lot of straight women into the shooting sports.

(Berks County)

It was a 'girls night out'. Some of the best food to be had at a price working people can afford is in the gay places around Spruce Street. So for food, yes the "Gayborhood" is the place to go.

But for sightseeing most of the places are controlled by the government and I don't believe guns are allowed.

You could go to the Constitution Center and at the government expense they will teach you that gun rights are not personal rights. The 2ed amendment grants the government the right to keep arms and not civilians. So you can see your tax money at work.
    Hey Siobhra,

Thanks I just might check out some of those "eateries" that you've mentioned.

Thanks also for warning me about those places that might not allow guns!

Take care,

Rand
    Last edited by dnar; May 28th, 2007 at 03:57 PM. Reason: edit text.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast