Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Appleseed Nearby

Hey - Just wanted to let everyone know that there will be monthly Appleseed shoots in Lancaster County for the rest of the year. Check rwva.org if interested. I'm new here, but I had a great time and learned a lot out at the western PA Appleseed this past April. The shoots are basically old-fashioned iron sight shooting. Most of the shooting is done at reduced size targets from 25 meters. Much harder than it looks. Best rifle training I ever had, bar none. I was down at Delco Field and Stream and managed to clear all the silhouettes on the rimfire range from standing using what I learned. (Not one shot per hit, mind you, but still) Anyways, think about it, it's a great time. Also , anyone under 20 and all females shoot for free. Just bring a rifle and ammo. Anything from .22 to .50 BMG is welcome. Actually, I'm not sure about the .50 BMG and I for sure don't want to be next to you on the line if it is OK. Oh, there is a little Revolutionary War history thrown in, so if you don't like that kind of thing it may not be your bag.

Default Re: Appleseed Nearby

FrontsightPress, you say the Rev War history may not be someones bag?

What kind of American would not be interested in learning and honoring the men and women that gave up everything they had to give us a chance at the freedoms we enjoy today? Freedoms that are slipping away due to apathy. Does anyone thinks that wining freedom was easy and then they lived happily ever after? Read up on what became of the majority of men the signed the Declaration of Independence.

There is an Appleseed shoot coming up July 25th and 26th in Hallstead PA. Everyone will learn things to help you shoot better even if you are an expert already.

Range: Hallstead-Great Bend Rod & Gun Club

Address: 3340 Dubois Street, Hallstead, PA

When: July 25th - 26th, 2009

Range Fee: $5.00 per person/per day. Under 21 years old, active Military, Guard/Reserve and all women are exempt from the fee.

Camping Available: No on site camping at this time. April Valley Campsites, 570-756-2688. Camp at East Lake, 570-465-2267, Camp of Nations, 570-756-2200

Hotels: Blue Ridge Motel, 570-465-2675. Colonial Brick Inn, 800-290-3922. Endless Mountain Lodge, 570-465-2126

Directions: Exit 230 off of I-81 to Route 11 south. Left at stop light. take first right after crossing the river onto Susquehanna Ave. Take first right onto Church Street. Take second left onto Dubois Street/County Road 1037. Range is approx 1.5 miles on the left.

GPS: 41.951195,-75.765509‎

State Laws to be aware of: Leave ALL firearms in your car until after the safety briefing. Check State Laws: http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/PASL.pdf

Misc: Food will be available on site for a reasonable fee. Range Rules: No loaded firearms on the range unless on the firing line and load command has been given. Eye and ear protection required. No shooting before 8am or after dusk or 8pm. This range has 100 yard lane available.

For More Information Contact: Ed Burrell at NY@APPLESEEDINFO.ORG or 607-727-9282

Registration Link: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/343138336
    http://appleseedshoot.blogspot.com/
    WWW.APPLESEEDINFO.ORG
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
    Thomas Paine