Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default First OC at Bank

I OC everywhere except the bank. Dealing with an employee or manager is one thing (never happened), dealing with a police call is probably not the end of the world (never happened), but some ditz teller from Jersey hitting the panic button does not entice me.

But I'm tired of pulling out my shirt to cover when I go to the bank. I have multiple physical issues that make it a pain to reassemble. So I OC'd today. Spent a few minutes with my back to the tellers filling out stuff at the customer table, so no idea if they noticed. I'm pretty sure no staff noticed when I was standing in line or at the counter.

However, a woman in line behind me left in a big hurry about 10 seconds after I showed my strong side. I was just looking around because I was bored with the wait. She had been waiting in line about two minutes and it was becoming clear to me that the person being attended to was going to be awhile. That might have been it, or it might have been the sidearm. Either way she left abruptly and very quickly at a coincidental moment.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: First OC at Bank

there you go scaring poor innocent people... haha sounds like a good experience to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    ...However, a woman in line behind me left in a big hurry about 10 seconds after I showed my strong side. I was just looking around because I was bored with the wait. She had been waiting in line about two minutes and it was becoming clear to me that the person being attended to was going to be awhile. That might have been it, or it might have been the sidearm. Either way she left abruptly and very quickly at a coincidental moment.
    It's too bad that the people in front of you didn't do that. OC might get through a line quicker!
    Bazinga

(Northampton County)

Did it again. Didn't really want to OC in there, but hate untucking my shirt. My girlish figure requires me to find a bathroom to tuck back in. AND take sidearm out of holster. So once I untuck, I stay that way. Also don't like drivethrough. So, ...

I'm not even sure anybody saw it this time. I'll update a couple more times and then not unless something interesting happens.

(Northampton County)

Been in there a few more times since. Today they noticed for sure. I got a bright, sincere, motherly, "approving" smile from one of the employees. It wasn't a smile "hello," I swear she was pleased to see me carrying. That's the way it seemed.

Been in there a few more times since. Today they noticed for sure. I got a bright, sincere, motherly, "approving" smile from one of the employees. It wasn't a smile "hello," I swear she was pleased to see me carrying. That's the way it seemed.
    Maybe the lady you scared off was one of their crabbier customers. I have OCd in a number of banks, and gotten a few very wide eyes from the people behind the counter. You can see the perspiration beading up on their foreheads sometimes. And it is always a sigh of relief when they discover that you are just there to make a payment, deposit a check, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    ... And it is always a sigh of relief when they discover that you are just there to make a payment, deposit a check, or whatever.
    And not an "unauthorized withdrawal"

(Chester County)

Run sheeple run, the big bad.....oh wait he is just trying to bank like us, hey I thought all gun carriers where crazy homicidal maniacs? Good on you, keep letting the public see us for what we are, normal everyday people.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Chester County)

I've OC'd in several branches of National Penn, and in one Wachovia. I'm sure the tellers have noticed, and I know several other clients noticed, but no one has left or looked scared or reacted negatively or positively with any more than a raised eyebrow or smile.
    If I ever am confronted, I'd try to point out that people bring their hard earned dollars to banking facilities to keep them safe, and it's only logical for those same people to take similar steps in transit.

(Lackawanna County)

Good for you buddy. Good to hear someone has taken one more big hurdle. Haven't jumped that one myself yet. I tuck before I go in.
    And pa patriot has busted on me for it too . "it's just another business". Yup, but an MWAG call is just a TAD bit different in that scenario. It will be a while yet.

PennsyPlinker you've really made them break a sweat?
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast