Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFL License

(Northumberland County)

Default FFL License

Can a private individual acquire a FFL license? I know you can acquire a C&r license, but can you get a FFl license? Basically I am asking because I saw some good deals on a couple websites for AK-47's and other firearms. Any help would be appreciated.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: FFL License

Quote Originally Posted by jjgrappler View Post
    Can a private individual acquire a FFL license? I know you can acquire a C&r license, but can you get a FFl license? Basically I am asking because I saw some good deals on a couple websites for AK-47's and other firearms. Any help would be appreciated.

FFL licenses are for business purposes. Not personal collections. Firearms aquired under said license are required to listed in a bound book, which can be inspected at anytime by the ATF. There are other stipulations as well for getting and keeping a FFL.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by jjgrappler View Post
    Yes, but as Knight wrote, FFL's are to establish a gun selling business. The BATF is discouraging the individuals who buy and sell out of their homes although I'm sure there's a number of folks who only have "virtual" gunshops.

Several years ago (pre Clinton), a number of folks got their FFL's to get better prices for their own collections...those days are gone.

Just do a search (Goggle or other) for "How to obtain a Federal Firearms License". You'll get quite a few links.

Then you can determine if it's worthwhile doing so. I think you'll find getting an FFL to get better prices on guns that aren't for resale isn't worth it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    I think you'll find getting an FFL to get better prices on guns that aren't for resale isn't worth it.

I just bought a WASR 22 (.22 cal AK) from Century Arms. My dealer price was $.12 (Yes..... Twelve Cents) lower than Centerfire Systems retail price!!
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRUNNERS OF PA View Post
    I just bought a WASR 22 (.22 cal AK) from Century Arms. My dealer price was $.12 (Yes..... Twelve Cents) lower than Centerfire Systems retail price!!
    WOW - that is a hefty profit when you sell it.. Now if you tell us the gun was 25 cents, you got a great deal!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by nra-life-member View Post
    WOW - that is a hefty profit when you sell it.. Now if you tell us the gun was 25 cents, you got a great deal!
    I'm sorry.............I WAS WRONG!!

I paid $.10 (Ten freaking cents) less:

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ind...PROD&ProdID=59
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRUNNERS OF PA View Post
    Well, at least you'd make a profit!

(Centre County)

Although you can buy personal firearms with a 01 FFL, its main purpose is for operating a business. You must prove to the ATF that you are going into business by obtaining the PA State license, the permission to operate a business from the city, town or township, obtaining a sales tax number and setting up the business (however you like be it a sole proprietership, LLC, Corp, etc.). If you can't prove this they probably aren't going to ok the license.

A C&R license is used by those who collect Curios and/or Relics, not modern firearms (although there are modern firearms that are classed curios because they are limited edition, special builds, or something else.) The ATF publishes a complete C&R book listing the C&R firearms that a C&R licensee can purchase. A C&R licensee also has to keep an Aquisition and Disposition book, but they aren't inspected the same as an 01 FFL.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Berks County)

IMO.. You need to find a local dealer, who will work with you in obtaining "dealer Pricing". I was lucky enough to find a local fellow.. Although I have made my own deals, he just handles the transfers for me...

(Allegheny County)

Ok I have a sub question to this thread. What do you need to get to be able to buy full auto's, suppressors?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast