Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default [Green Lane] Seneca Arms Company

Seneca Arms is the ONLY shop I go to anymore. His prices are the best and he can get just about anything in a couple days to a week. John's prices are great, but he is also a good guy. He is the only guy I know in this business that has any real shooting credentials too. He is the current Pa State service rifle champion and won a bunch of stuff at Camp Perry too. John knows his stuff! I am posting his hours but am not 100% sure of his tues hours.

Seneca Arms Co
    116 rt 29
    Green Lane Pa
    Last edited by libertydog; October 11th, 2013 at 08:52 PM.

(Lehigh County)

+1 Great guy to deal with.

(Chester County)

stopped in at John's shop this evening. He just got in a bunch of new Bushy M4s and a whole pile of Springfield XDs. Lucky me I just bought one of his XD 45 tactical models....SWEET!

(Lancaster County)

I've probably bought more guns from John's shop than anywhere else - he's definitely a good guy to do business with & his prices are lower than just about anybody's.

Do you guys know about John's "cash price" John will normally deduct $50 on the price tag if you pay cash. John is a nice guy to deal with and he will work with you....in this area...he probably has the best prices...Tanner's in Jamison also has some good deals as well.

(Chester County)

True,

John will work a really good deal with you on used guns if you pay cash. New guns he marks up so little that he can't wiggle on the price really. I have no problem with that as his new gun prices beat anybody I have ever delt with. I know he will take credit cards but he does not like to as they charge him a couple percent on the sale to process. I think it is a 2 or 3 % add on for CC. I was just in his shop on Thursday and he had some of those really clean looking 91/30 snipers that are floating around. They were $400.00 and by the next day I came in and all 5 of them were gone! He has more comming in on Wed and one has my name on it!

(Montgomery County)

John is the only guy I use for FFL. He is really a first class guy. I have bought a few guns from him and they were good deals. I call him often just to see what's new and visit when I can for a private gunshow. You can spend quite some time checking out what's in the racks. Even though I did not buy my LTR from him, he bore-sighted it for me and it was on the paper at 100 yards right out of the box.
    Mike

(Berks County)

Default Took the advice of aubie515...

...and the feedback from this thread, and stopped by Seneca Arms today. John has some real nice stuff, and GREAT deals on used weapons. I was there for about an hour looking through the place, and I only scratched the surface.

I posted in another thread about my deciding between an XD and an M&P, and John had both there, with the XD in various calibers and lengths. He offered some good advice, showed me the difference between the two models, gave me a chance to check them all out, and helped me decide on a caliber.

Overall, I liked both the XD and the M&P. But, the M&P grip felt much better to me, and it also seemed to sit lower in the hand, which should help with recoil. Since I'm a lefty, the gun is going to be primarily a range/carry gun, and I need as much practice as I can get, I think I'm going to go with the M&P in 9mm. I'll probably change my mind another 10 times before I buy, but that's where I stand right now.

His distributor doesn't have the the M&P in 9mm yet, but he mentioned they should be in soon. I definitely plan on going back and making my purchase there; his prices, even on new guns, were better than anywhere else I've called or visited.

Thanks to aubie515 for recommending the place, and thanks to everyone else for posting the feedback in the forum.

BTW, I mentioned to John that I had heard about his shop through PAFOA.org, and told him that a lot of people here spoke highly of him. He was aware of the site, mentioned he just heard about it, and was happy that everyone was satisfied enough to recommend his shop.

I told John that he was getting good reviews from this forum.

As far as the M&P, you might want to give it a few months because I have been hearing that some pins are falling out of these pistols. I am always concerned about buying something new when it first comes out. I normally will let other people "test" it before I buy it...why be the first to own something and later to find out it's a POS? S&W does not have the best reputation for semi's...IMO they make incredible revolvers, but their semi's don't impress me. The XD on the other hand has had a good track record. The only real complaint on the Xd's are they tend to rust...but if you clean your firearms properly, you shouldn't have that problem.

I think that whichever pistol you go with...you will enjoy it. If it was my money I would lean towards the XD because it is proven, accurate, cheap, holsters will be easier to find.

(Chester County)

I bought my XD45 from Seneca Arms and I LOVE it. I also like the feel of the SW M&P. I think it is a great improvement over many of SW's recent attempts. The M&P is certainly more left hand friendly and it does have a lower bore axis which should mean better recoil control(much like the Styer pistols). Aubie is right though. The XD is great! They come with all the free gear! They are very accurate and very reliable!

John is good people too. I also have told him he needs to check out this web site. He is a busy dude this time of year though so he may not have much time to play around the net. I will print him off a copy of this thread and bring it to him. I am going in this week to pick up a new Stag Arms lower. He just got 20 of them in and his prices are real good on them. I think he said they are $112.00 out the door!

Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast