Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Got Scurred!! win 94 in pieces

Well I got it in my thick nogin today to reblue my winchester 94 that I picked up for $150 a few years ago. The receiver was totally trash with rust and pitting. So today was the day. I got some coarse sand paper, and 200 grit thin sand paper and let at it. I got it down to bare metal and tried my best at getting the pits out. ugh was that a pain in the butt. So I used the liquid rub on blue, cant remember the name right now and followed the directions. It turned out pretty good, I think I could have made the blue a little darker to match the rest of the hardware, but you cant really tell. I also got out most of the pitting. So here is the I GOT SCURRED part. I couldnt remember how to put the bugger back together. Well needless to say after about 20minutes of tinkering I figured out which screws went where and how to put the lever and trigger and hammer and bolt and everything else up in there pretty much all at once. So all in all I am happy with my little project. By the way I know what you guys are gonna say, YOU SHOULDNT HAVE DONE THAT! well when I say pitted and trashed, it was. At least now its not an eyesore like before.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Got Scurred!! win 94 in pieces

No, some of us would say "don't be scurred, take it down".

I took apart a Rem Nylon 66 when I was about 13 or 14 to clean it so my dad wouldn't know I snuck it out of the house for my shooting pleasure.

I couldn't get it back together. I had it in pieces under my bed for a week. I tried and tried and knew I'd get a whuppin if he found out. I was scurred but eventually through dumb luck and persistance, I got it back together.

Good job and don't be scurred. Worst case, someone will tell you how to do it.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Lebanon County)

i've been known to take pictures when i take stuff apart.
    people tend to get pretty pissed off when you take their machine apart to ''fix it'' and then can't remember how to put it back togther.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Franklin County)

well I usually tend to figure things out like this when I sit and stare at it and push pieces together like an ape or something. Its all together though so no skin off my ass lol..

I 'borrowed" my mom's video camera one time when I was rebuilding the carburator on my 68 Chevy pickup. She wasn't thrilled. But then I explained that I could use it to make sure that it got back together right, and that way she didn't have to let me borrow her truck. She finally wasn't as mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.