Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day

Default Memorial Day

Found this and thought it fitting for another thread, but figured it would be a borderling thread hijack.

For those who don't know, this is a comic called PVT Murphy's Law. It is great.

http://www.pvtmurphy.com
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Memorial Day

Very fitting !

And thanks for your service as well !

(Delaware County)

A hat tip to SGTUSArmy and those who serve now or served to keep us free.

Best regards,
    chalmitch
    "If you believe the term "militia" means the National Guard then you must believe that freedom of speech is reserved for the Government Printing Office." - Some guy, 2/2007

(Berks County)

May the souls of the faithful departed soldiers/veterans rest in peace. Amen.

(York County)

There are many people who need to see that. Thanks for posting it.

(Berks County)

I went to Arlington National Cemetery saturday in order to pay my respects to my friends whom have given the last full measure. I owe them that.

Last edited by Stryker_11a; May 27th, 2007 at 12:20 PM. Reason: update
    1/111th IN
    MAJ Doug Sloan; SGT Brahim Jeffcoat; SGT Francis Straub; CPL Genaro Pelligrini; SPC Kurt Krout; SPC John Kulick; PFC Nathaniel DeTample. You never let your country or your brothers down, we will never forget you.

(Berks County)

Some people look at me like I've got three heads when I hear Trace Adkins sing "Arlington" and I get misty. Then there are the guys on this board who I don't have to explain myself to. Thank you to those who understand what I mean.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Billmj, I'm not much of a country music fan, and had never heard of the song you mention, so I googled it and found the music video of it. It brought a big swelling feeling into my chest. Thank you for sharing it with us. Heres a link as well:
    http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/adkins.../videos.jhtml#

God Bless,
    axmdr40
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

Poultney, VT(school) Norristown, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

SGT. thanks for the comic. I read semper toons a lot.

Arlington is one of those places I hate to go to, but one of the places I liek to go to.

The song Arlington still holds a place in my heart, right along with "letters from home".

Luckily all of my friends here at Ft Meade understand the meaning of the song "Arlington".

The song "Letters from Home", I am usually fine, right up until the part where his dad says "I'm proud of you." I never got the letter, but after I had been in for about a year, and was on HRAP, my dad and I were riding in the truck, and in his usual nonchalant way, my dad looked at me, asked if I was done with training, I answered yeah. He asked if I was ready to what was necessary. I said "Yes sir." A few more questions, and then when we stopped at Sonic, he said: Son, I'm proud of you.

I don't remember him saying anything after that. He didn't have to say anything else. To this day, I tear up, thinking of that ride in his truck, or hearing that song. Heck, I tear up when I hear the "Star Spangled Banner" sung by 100,000 rednecks at a NASCAR race. It makes me proud to do what I do.

I don't do what I do, or what I did for recognition. It makes me feel like I am doing the right thing. It makes me feel like I have meaning. If someone wants to pull me aside when I am walking into the Bass Pro Shops in Hanover, MD, and thank me, I blush, and say thank you. I don't expect anything but a paycheck. I am no different than anyone else. I just do what I think is right. I am only an American. I know what my forefathers did to earn us these freedoms we so cherish. I am only willing to do what is necessary.

Besides, I've said "I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." Three times. I have it memorized. (I copied and pasted due to punctuation.)
    Last edited by SGTUSArmy; May 29th, 2007 at 12:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast