Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Martial Law in Harrisburg???

Did anyone read this article from the other day? The NAACP suggests that Eddie impose martial law in Harrisburg.

Harrisburg chapter of NAACP urges martial law

by STEVEN FARLEY Of The Patriot-News Thursday June 25, 2009, 9:24 PM

The Harrisburg Chapter of the NAACP is calling on Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell to suspend some civil liberties and impose martial law in the city to halt the wave of recent lawlessness.
    Chapter President Stanley Lawson also called on Rendell to bring in the state National Guard for at least 30 days and to impose a curfew. In June, there have been at least 12 shootings, many of them in the daytime, including a man killed Wednesday at a busy city intersection during the lunch hour.
    "The Guard is for floods and natural disasters. I don't know any more of a natural disaster than of our young people being killed," he said at a general membership meeting of about 25 people at Capitol Presbyterian Church, 14th and Cumberland streets.
    "It's time for some real action," he said. "Right now the important thing is to stop this madness."
    "We're beyond what the Harrisburg police department can do. We need help," Lawson said.
    Martial law is a system of rules that takes effect when the military takes control of the normal administration of justice, normally in times of emergency.
    At about the same time Lawson was speaking, Rendell was at another community meeting in Harrisburg where he promised to have state police patrol city streets to increase the presence of law enforcement.
    Lawson noted that there was historical precedent for the Guard to step in, recalling the race riots in 1968 following the assassination of the Rev. Martin Luther King in Memphis, Tenn.
    Lawson said that many reasons have been given for the wave of shootings, such as drugs, robberies and neighborhood turf wars. Fear is the bigger reason, he suggested.
    "The young men, it's fear, it's just fear. They think: 'I'm going to get them before they get me,'" he said.
    When one man noted the presence of the Guardian Angels from York coming to Harrisburg, Lawson responded: "I appreciate the Guardian Angels, but I see what's going on in York, Lancaster and Philadelphia. It's everywhere. I'm concerned about what is going on in Harrisburg."
    Member and attorney Stanley Mitchell noted the civil rights organization is asking for a short suspension of some civil rights, but added: "We have the civil rights not to be shot."
    FOAC * GOA * SAF * NRA Life Member

Default Re: Martial Law in Harrisburg???

The people of Harrisburg are getting what they deserve. They voted out the Best Mayor in the United States for some hack screw ball. Lie in the bed you make!!!
    State Troopers to patrol Harrisburg? Where are they coming from? Fast Eddy wants to lay 800 of them off!! LOL What a bunch of boobs...

Citizens are responsbible for their community, not the government! Where do these bonehead people come from? If you don't like it, make it go away. Fight for your freedom and a good decent place to live. Organize, heck, become a community organizer and become President one day!

(Bucks County)

"The Guard is for floods and natural disasters. I don't know any more of a natural disaster than of our young people being killed," he said at a general membership meeting of about 25 people at Capitol Presbyterian Church, 14th and Cumberland streets.
    "It's time for some real action," he said. "Right now the important thing is to stop this madness."
    "We're beyond what the Harrisburg police department can do. We need help," Lawson said.
    Here's a wacky idea, stop telling the people you purport to represent that they are victims and it's not their fault they commit crimes; and instead insist they stop shooting each other and start taking responsibility for themselves.

(Adams County)

When cities begin implementing martial law to curb day to day crime, liberty is officially dead.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

like the criminals are going to obey the martial law...

"The young men, it's fear, it's just fear. They think: 'I'm going to get them before they get me,'" he said.
    When one man noted the presence of the Guardian Angels from York coming to Harrisburg, Lawson responded: "I appreciate the Guardian Angels, but I see what's going on in York, Lancaster and Philadelphia. It's everywhere. I'm concerned about what is going on in Harrisburg."
    Member and attorney Stanley Mitchell noted the civil rights organization is asking for a short suspension of some civil rights, but added: "We have the civil rights not to be shot."
    No ASSHOLE it is NOT fear, it is lowlife * cough cough * families creating more lowlifes that have no moral fiber, no respect for others or any law, lowlifes that are spawned out of a system that rewards lowlifes for sitting around breeding more lowlifes and then tossing them out on the street.

This is what happens when the welfare system goes overboard and 'society' tells parents and kids they are never wrong and are all victims.

(Dauphin County)

They are getting everything thats coming to them. Once upon a time Harrisburg was a decent place to live. It started going down hill in the mid 1960's. then came the riots around '67 and it started to decline fast. I lived for several years uptown on Lexington street. at 5 years old, my parents could give me 5 dollar and let all of us kids walk a block to the ice cream store. Not today.
    The Harrisburg Police department at one time was a fantastic force, but as politics interjected its grasp on the force it also started to decline. The NAACP cried "oh you need more minority officers", so they hired them, then it was city council, "All our officers must live within the city limits" and lo and behold all new officers were required to live in the cesspool that they were to protect.
    Mayor Reed, as flaky as he was(spent way too much money on wild west museums) was the best mayor Harrisburg has ever seen. Now comes big mouth Linda Thompson, a big mouth black woman from the "hill" that claims she has all the answers. Only with her guidance can Harrisburg become the great city it once was.
    Lets see, I think there has been around 21 shootings in the last 2 weeks. 3 people were arrested for trying to recruit members for the Bloods, there is a small faction of MS13 gang members living on the hill. No doubt it wont be long until other are here as well. The citizens are crying out for the guardian angels to come. Well the GA was here in the 80's. A national rep came in and recruited locals to patrol the streets. they were laughed at. They were resented by the police, and the locals just ignored them.
    Until the fine residents of Harrisburg starts to take responsibility for themselves its only going to get worse.For a capital city Harrisburg is a shame.
    If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
    A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by goofin View Post
    Until the fine residents of Harrisburg starts to take responsibility for themselves its only going to get worse.For a capital city Harrisburg is a shame.
    There you have it in a nutshell. It is the citizens NOT the government that has to take their streets back and until they get off their asses and do something nothing will ever change (in fact it will get worse) .... people have to stop this nanny state reliance on the government (no matter what level it is) to fix everything and start taking responsibility for their street then their neighborhood, then their city ... it won't happen any other way.

(Susquehanna County)

I can only Eddie does declare Martial Law and when the first guardsman shoots a kid with a gun, I like to read whats said then. These shooting aren't kids being afraid it's turf and drug wars. If you don't like this country maybe you can move to Somalia.

(Lancaster County)

hmmmm. martial law in harrisburg. that could quite possibly be the stupidest thing i've heard in a long time. i'd have to agree with most of you that the residents of harrisburg need to take more responsibility for their communities. the police can only do so much when violence gets to the level its at. its only a matter of time before some leo gets trigger happy and hits an innocent bystander.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast