Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default WTF is up with so-called new horror movies and the people that like them?

Horrible night on TV but our son had kept telling us we should see Rob Zombies "The Devil's Rejects" and it was on IFC so we said what the heck.

We after 50 minutes we had to turn it off. I mean talk about HORRIBLE .. nothing but whackos, bad acting, T & A (and not even the kind you want to see) and gore and gore and MORE GORE.

Seriously, Tootie and I are no prudes, but what the HELL happened to good horror flicks that screwed with your mind and made you so jumpy the minute something happened in the movie (or you thought something was going to happen) you jumped out of your skin. You know the type, the ones you could feel the hair on the back of your neck stand up and you had a hard time turning out the lights to walk to bed.

So what the heck has happened to GOOD horror flicks because dammit I miss them! Give me something like the Exorcist .... no one can tell me the first time they saw that they weren't freaked out for days (especially the directors cut where she comes down the stairs in the middle of the party upside down). How about the "Legend of Hell House" or other amazing movies that made turning out the lights at night a scary adventure ... what the hell is up with nothing more than tits, ass and gore ... it ain't scary folks!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: WTF is up with so-called new horror movies and the people that like them?

Man I hear ya, I've been searching for a horror movie for years that actually scares me and haven't come close. I have to say though that a lot of the asian movies are pretty creepy, not the American remakes, but the originals.
    - "If guns are outlawed, only the zombies will have guns"

(Carbon County)

Default Re: WTF is up with so-called new horror movies and the people that like them?

Me and the wife were talking about this a couple of months ago, we wanted to see a movie so we went to try and rent something good and scary and had a hard time finding anything. It doesn't seem like the know how to scare the shit out of you anymore.

Jim
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you!

(Montgomery County)

Sorry, but I'm reading your rant and wondering what on Earth you are talking about. Guess that's just my opinion. Oh well.

(Luzerne County)

Age dear....we "older folks" can remember the days of good peeing your pants scared movies. The remakes and all the shit they put out now sucks.

PROUD WIFE OF PA. PATRIOT
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. "-Thomas Jefferson

(Allegheny County)

Kinda like this shit?

(shiver)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Horrible night on TV but our son had kept telling us we should see Rob Zombies "The Devil's Rejects" and it was on IFC so we said what the heck.

We after 50 minutes we had to turn it off. I mean talk about HORRIBLE .. nothing but whackos, bad acting, T & A (and not even the kind you want to see) and gore and gore and MORE GORE.

Seriously, Tootie and I are no prudes, but what the HELL happened to good horror flicks that screwed with your mind and made you so jumpy the minute something happened in the movie (or you thought something was going to happen) you jumped out of your skin. You know the type, the ones you could feel the hair on the back of your neck stand up and you had a hard time turning out the lights to walk to bed.

So what the heck has happened to GOOD horror flicks because dammit I miss them! Give me something like the Exorcist .... no one can tell me the first time they saw that they weren't freaked out for days (especially the directors cut where she comes down the stairs in the middle of the party upside down). How about the "Legend of Hell House" or other amazing movies that made turning out the lights at night a scary adventure ... what the hell is up with nothing more than tits, ass and gore ... it ain't scary folks!

They dont make them anymore. All kids think about know is gore. Tehy think if its gory then its scary. I use to love the horror flicks were yougrabbed on to anything to just not jump ( you were made fun of if you did , lol )
    No longer posting

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Kinda like this shit?

(shiver)

LOL, you're killing me. Oh wait.....

wrong thread for that.

PROUD WIFE OF PA. PATRIOT
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. "-Thomas Jefferson

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I found that digging up a dead cat on my 11th birthday was more scary than any movie I have ever seen. It wasn't the physical "oops it's not all bones yet" that scared the shit out of me, it was the unexplained weird stuff that happened later. And all these years later I STILL don't have the articulated cat skeleton that I wanted!

The horror flick scene that comes closest to creeping me out was in Final Destination 3 when the 2 twits get fried in the tanning beds. Gawd I hate tanning beds! Again, no real gore, no monster, just a freaky weirding out sort of thing.

I got to see the first "Saw" movie, now that was an on my edge movie. Haven't seen the sequels though.

As to gorefest movies, they are lame since the fake gore just doesn't look real enough. I've been perusing gore websites for years, and gotten a good deal of knowledge first hand as well with animals, and those movies= lame gore.

Remakes of 70's and 80's flicks? LAME! Cmon, come up with something new! If they need a bunch of great ideas, they can look for people like myself who are wasting their imaginations otherwise. I can't write fiction for shit anymore nor do graphic novels, but I can brainstorm and look back at writings I still have in old journal books.
    LOL, I am a woman...

Ive given up on gorror movies myself.

I think the replacement genre for good horror is now "psychological thriller"

Shutter Island looking to fill that role for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast