Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Default Colorado okay with PA permits

http://cbi.state.co.us/ccw/reciprocity.asp

This was just posted on 5/23 according to the website.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Colorado okay with PA permits

This is really, really good news!

(Philadelphia County)

Interesting, the Colorado site suggests that they have a reciprocity agreement with us, however our Attorney General's site makes no mention of it. I am going on vacation for a week on May 29th so I will be unable to call them until I get back on June 4th.

If anyone else can call the PA AG and get information about this please post the information here.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Jefferson County)

Most be an agreement pending or our AG is exercising his ability to honor another with or without agreement as amended 12/05.

(Berks County)

Smile Re: Colorado okay with PA permits

That's great. My company is in Colorado; my wife and I are the only employees East of the Mississippi. I go there a few times a year for meetings and was looking into getting a Florida permit just so I would be covered in CO.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by SSCUSTER View Post
    That's great. My company is in Colorado; my wife and I are the only employees East of the Mississippi. I go there a few times a year for meetings and was looking into getting a Florida permit just so I would be covered in CO.
    I was under the impression from the Handgunlaw.us ccw map that CO only accepted permits from the issuing state (so, no non-res permits). Not that this matters now, for me at least, since CO will accept the PA LTCF. However, I do a lot of travelling in the four corners area so I will be applying for a Florida non-res permit to cover New Mexico.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by SSCUSTER View Post
    .... I go there a few times a year for meetings and was looking into getting a Florida permit just so I would be covered in CO.

It is good they reconize the PA permit, because according to the Colorado web site, as of May 23, 2007 they no longer accept non-resident permits from any state.

Last updated 5/23/07.

Updates are made only when there is a change to Colorado's permit reciprocity with other states. Regardless of the date of the last update, this information is current.

Pursuant to Colorado law (CRS 18-12-213), the State of Colorado will recognize a valid permit issued in another state IF the permit was issued to a resident of the state issuing the permit, and the permittee is 21 yrs of age or older, AND the other state recognizes Colorado permits as valid in their state. Hence, a "yes" in the following table also indicates that a valid Colorado permit is recognized in that state, subject to their laws. When traveling with a Colorado permit, it is advisable to contact the state you are visiting to confirm reciprocity and to review that state's firearms laws.

The state of Colorado no longer recognizes the validity of any permit issued by any state to a nonresident (see CRS 18-12-213 amended 2007).

This information is also available to Colorado law enforcement through the CCIC.