Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Post Phila. CCW wait time

I am applying for CCW in Philly and am just curious how long the wait actually is in the city before i get it. Any help?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Phila. CCW wait time

The legal limit for an answer is 45 days, which many places interpret as 45 business days.

I would expect that Philadelphia will use all of them. Mine took 6 weeks.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Philadelphia County)

OK Thanks. I hope that it don't take that long. Has any of the other members from Philly recieved thier permit any earlier?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Mine took 6 weeks.
    Back when I lived in New Jersey (before I came to America), my permit to purchase took ELEVEN MONTHS!

Let me say that again: ELEVEN MONTHS!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dwdhockey View Post
    OK Thanks. I hope that it don't take that long. Has any of the other members from Philly recieved thier permit any earlier?
    I renewed there exactly 5 years ago and it took a full 3 months. However that was soon after 9/11 and perhaps they were unduly swamped by a surge of new applications.

I brought in my current renewal paperwork 2 weeks ago exactly: May 11. My current CCW expires July 17, and technically you're only allowed to bring in your paperwork no more than 60 days ahead of the expiry date, but they let me slide.

However the woman who handled my paperwork said it was touch and go whether I'd get it back before the 7/17 expiration. IOW, they allow YOU only 60 days but THEY won't promise that turnaround time.

I will post the date I get the actual renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana71 View Post
    Back when I lived in New Jersey (before I came to America), my permit to purchase took ELEVEN MONTHS!

Was that 11 mo. just to be able to purchase a handgun?
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Was that 11 mo. just to be able to purchase a handgun?
    NJ is a Stalinist state. America starts at the Delaware.

It's interesting to see the political trajectory of gun control. When the battle is still in play, the gun-banners are discreet, circumspect, asking only for "sensible" gun control. But once they reach ascendancy, they really dogpile on the few remaining gunowners, like a thug continuing to stomp his already unconscious victim. It's like they're addicted to new gun control, and there is effectively NO limit to what gets banned and what procedural roadblocks are added to abuse the law abiding gunowner, who becomes a demonized whipping boy who can always be assailed to score more political points.

Gun control is like a hard core addiction: there is no "sensible" amount that, if it were granted, anti-gun politicians would then say "ok this is enough, I don't need any more." In fact, no matter what they gte, they will always want more, up to the point of banning every real gun, toy gun, knife, pointy umbrella...everything.

When you want to know that PA anti-gun politicians want, look to NJ. They're simply the program a few years progressed. If you want to know what NJ anti-gun politicians want, look to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    NJ is a Stalinist state. America starts at the Delaware.

It's interesting to see the political trajectory of gun control. When the battle is still in play, the gun-banners are discreet, circumspect, asking only for "sensible" gun control. But once they reach ascendancy, they really dogpile on the few remaining gunowners, like a thug continuing to stomp his already unconscious victim. It's like they're addicted to new gun control, and there is effectively NO limit to what gets banned and what procedural roadblocks are added to abuse the law abiding gunowner, who becomes a demonized whipping boy who can always be assailed to score more political points.

Gun control is like a hard core addiction: there is no "sensible" amount that, if it were granted, anti-gun politicians would then say "ok this is enough, I don't need any more." In fact, no matter what they gte, they will always want more, up to the point of banning every real gun, toy gun, knife, pointy umbrella...everything.

When you want to know that PA anti-gun politicians want, look to NJ. They're simply the program a few years progressed. If you want to know what NJ anti-gun politicians want, look to the UK.

Well I grew up in Sussex county NJ and it was a very different place. Still Jersey.
    I purchased my first handgun(18 years ago - gasp)while still living there and it took maybe a month. Still ridiculous, but 11 months! I thought NJ had a one gun a month policy, they apparently have figured out a way to make it a 1 gun a year policy by dragging their feet.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana71 View Post

Did they make you bend over and spread the cheeks too?
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Well I grew up in Sussex county NJ and it was a very different place. Still Jersey.
    I grew up in Essex County -- a pretty Leftist place even back then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast