Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default What Type of Audio Recorder Do You Carry?

I searched a little bit for this, but was not successful, so here goes...

What type of audio recorder do you carry? I need to get one (I OC) and have looked at a few, including the Olympus WS-321M, but would like to know what everyone else has to make sure I am not overspending.

Also, any comments on the one I am looking at (WS-321M) would be appreciated.
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

Default Re: What Type of Audio Recorder Do You Carry?

I use an Olypmus VN-3100PC.
    I believe, they quit making it, but they have others that are the same or better.
    Radio Shack carries them.

(Lebanon County)

What I have 'I deem to be the best....

In my Jeep I have an Archos 5 with video camera. The video camera will roll right away at the first sign of flashng lights! The camera is attached to my rear view mirror facing forward. Audio is captured within the vehicle. I have 8 hrs of battery life to record video.

On my person I too have an Olympus digital, which is right now in my Jeep.So, I am not sure of the model number but it is of the newer varitey.

(Luzerne County)

I'm thinking of getting a new cell phone so maybe rather than buy a recorder i get a cell that can capture video and audio as well? (the one i was looking at does that the black berry storm)

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuartsab View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a new cell phone so maybe rather than buy a recorder i get a cell that can capture video and audio as well? (the one i was looking at does that the black berry storm)
    yep thats what i have my phone has a digitel recorder built in im not shore of the model all i can tell you is it is the mil-spec phone sprint has out.

(Lackawanna County)

Olympus VN4100PC.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Philadelphia County)

Kind of off-topic, but I'll ask anyway...

Are you allowed to record a conversation without informing the other party/parties? It was discussed here, but there is no real definitive answer.

(Cumberland County)

as far as i know you can not record someone with out them knowing it.not shore about videos.

(Northampton County)

No audio if one party is unaware of it. It becomes a wiretapping charge. However, special provisions exist for law enforcement interactions and government officials. Do a quick search on the forums and you will be able to find what is allowed.
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    Kind of off-topic, but I'll ask anyway...

Are you allowed to record a conversation without informing the other party/parties? It was discussed here, but there is no real definitive answer.
    • Recording an electronically transmitted conversation, i.e., telephone conversation, etc., requires that everyone being recorded explicitly or implicitly consents to the recording.
    • Recording a face-to-face conversation requires that everyone being recorded be explicitly or implicitly aware of the recording, whether they consent to it or not.
    • Recording police officers in a face-to-face conversation may or may not require the same awareness as any other face-to-face conversation. This thread and this post (Guns drawn and surrounded by 12 of moon townships finest tonight) explain this assertion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast