Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Smile Fathers Day gift - Day at the range.

Woke up this morning and my son hands me my fathers day gift which was 3 boxes of .45 ACP ammo, 2 boxes of .40 Cal ammo and a note saying that we were heading to the range. We both belong to Freedom Armory but we decided since it was not raining to head to the public range in Dillsburg, my first thought was "This place is going to be crowded" and if so we would of headed to Glen Rock. We get to the range and there is a father with 2 or 3 kids and after 20 minutes or so they are done shooting and leave and for the next hour or so we are the only ones there no one was at the rifle range either. Me with my PT-1911 and him with his Glock 22 and not a soul around, I couldn't of asked for a better day! Well maybe more ammo - LOL
    Rehab is for quitters!!

(York County)

Default Re: Fathers Day gift - Day at the range.

Sounds like a nice day. You are a lucky man.

Starview had a 3 bird sporting clays shoot for father's day. The other day, I asked my dad if he wanted me to take him & treat him to a round. He said he doesn't have a gun. I said no problem, we can share my Benelli semi auto 12 GA & I'll even bring grandpa's Ithaca 16 GA pump along as a back up just in case. (Can you imagine doing a three bird shoot with a pump? Now that's a challenge!)
    He then said that he hasn't touched a gun since he was in the service (1968-1974) & wouldn't hit anything anyway.
    it was obvious he wasn't into it but then my mom chimed in that he has a marksman medal. He just said that was a long time ago & a different kind of shooting, so I dropped it.

We (Dad, Mom, Wife, & I) ended up spending the day in Gettysburg & had a very nice time. He did mention at breakfast that he was planning on us going to Thurmont MD & I said, ummm I can't go into MD unless we are going straight thru to VA, & then he realized why & said ok, how about Gettysburg then.
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.