Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default EAA witness in .45 acp whats the GBU?

Whats the good the bad and the ugly on this Pistol, ? Its the Target type one with the ported barrel, light target trigger , polymer frame , LNIB with all the paperwork, and Six mags. For $450, is that a good buy? Its either that or a Taurus 94 2 inch bbl .22lr , dont ask me why i need a .22lr revolver , it just seem interesting.

Thanks, Nyman

(Bucks County)

Default Re: EAA witness in .45 acp whats the GBU?

EAA Witness 45ACP 1-10rd Mag All Black NIB
    Item #: 999163 Description: EAA WITNESS 45AP DA B 10R POLY Manufacturer: European American Armory Model #: Tangfolio Witness Polymer Pistol Type: Semi-Automatic Pistol Finish: Blue Receiver: Integral M-1913 Accessory Mounting Rail Stock: Black Polymer Frame Sights: Fixed Low Profile Sights Barrel Length: 4.5" Overall Length: 8.1" Weight: 30 oz Caliber: 45AP Capacity: 10+1 Action: Double Action # of Mags: 1 New in Box! (15712) 4% surcharge for credit cards. $25 for shipping and insurance to lower 46 states, please call for rates to Alaska, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon and Puerto Rico. We love to ship to California! Please remember it is your responsibility to know the laws in your state when purchasing a firearm. If you have a question about our auction please be courteous as we are not here to intentionally deceive anyone and typos do happen. As you can read by our feedback if there is a problem we will do our best to come to a solution! If for any reason you are not able to complete the transaction there is a 15% restocking fee, sorry to do this but to many people are bidding and winning and not finishing the transaction. We are a family owned gun shop in Galveston, Indiana and have been in business for 18 years. For more info please feel free to call us at 574-699-6894.

Here's one on gunbroker with one mag and NIB for less($399 start, $419 Buy-it-now). Supposedly, EAA is a knock-off of CZ with a decent rep. I have never fired one, but have considered the witness for purchase. What I'd really like to have is a CZ-97b, which is full-sized all-steel CZ in 45acp.

(Schuylkill County)

Do you know if its the gold, Siver, or platinum model?
    T any rate thats a really good price, they are a great gun i had one a few years ago and it would shoot very tight. i remember putting 10rds into 1-3/4" at 25yrds from a sandbag rest consistantly. if you dont buy it someone else will enjoy this and not you, and that would suck. They are a copy of the Tangfolo italian pistols along the same lines of the CZ, they took the best features of the CZ and tryed to improve on it. they are a sound firearm with a good reputation.

(Monroe County)

Thanks a lot Guys, 1911 shooter how do you differentiate the Gold, Silver and Platinum model?

The one i'm looking at is a black Polymer frame with the a shiny ss slide , that must be the silver or Platinum model Right?

Thanks

(Schuylkill County)

the gold, siver, and platinum models are all built for IPSC compitition they have muxxle breaks and other features you would look for on a race gun. some have more features then others if you are looking at the polymere framed gun like the picture above then this is a regular carry defensive handgun they are still very much worth the money.

(Monroe County)

Thanks a lot the one i'm looking at is different from the one above in that it has a shiny ss slide a Target type rear sight , extended mag grips, and a compensated barrel.
    That must be one of the IPSC guns you are talking about, no wonder it comes with 6 mags.

Nyman

I have a EAA witness 97 compact in 45acp I bought at a pawn shop for $189 with no mag. Later I bought a 10 shot magazine made by Pro Mag. The look a feel of the gun is great solid steel with three dot sights. My only problem is that the Pro Mag magaizne is not reliable if I load more then 6 rounds in the mag it jams 3 or 4 times, if I load 6 rounds in the mag it becomes a reliable gun. I know I need to buy a maguer mag but do you think theres a fix for Pro mag. This is a compact little gun and would be awesome if I could depend on the 10 rounds in the gun to fire. 6 out 10 ain't bad might make a good song title but its does't make a reliable gun and mag combo.

What do you think the problem is a weak spring in the mag a mis shaoed follwer?

Its part of the CZ design family and they have a good reputation?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    I have a EAA witness 97 compact in 45acp I bought at a pawn shop for $189 with no mag. Later I bought a 10 shot magazine made by Pro Mag. The look a feel of the gun is great solid steel with three dot sights. My only problem is that the Pro Mag magaizne is not reliable if I load more then 6 rounds in the mag it jams 3 or 4 times, if I load 6 rounds in the mag it becomes a reliable gun. I know I need to buy a maguer mag but do you think theres a fix for Pro mag. This is a compact little gun and would be awesome if I could depend on the 10 rounds in the gun to fire. 6 out 10 ain't bad might make a good song title but its does't make a reliable gun and mag combo.

What do you think the problem is a weak spring in the mag a mis shaoed follwer?

Its part of the CZ design family and they have a good reputation?
    ProMag = Almost Always Junk.

OP, the EAA sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. Pretty unique too. One thing I definately want to mention is the Taurus 94. I almost bought one. Boy am I glad I didn't. They look cool and a 9 shot .22 revolver sounds like fun, but from everything I've seen and heard they're junk. There's a member here who bought one a little while back, he posted all about it. It's in the classifieds now... FWIW the Taurus Tracker in .22 is supposed to be a great gun if that's your style. I say go with the EAA though. Let us know how it turns out!
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here