Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Our kids are in Mexico City

Just wanted to share....
    Two of our youngest have worked together with some people from our Church and have raised enough funds so that they are now in Mexico City. They are with a medical team providing services to the people who work and live in the poorer areas of Mexico City. Our one daughter has a cosmetology license and will be styling hair, the youngest may be with her or providing child care or optical or dental assistence. They are there for a week and with a very dedicated team that has been there several times before. (i was there once before also).
    These mission trips have a way of being very influential in ones life and we are looking forward to hearing about their experiences!!!
    God is good.
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Our kids are in Mexico City

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMtnJack View Post
    Just wanted to share....
    Two of our youngest have worked together with some people from our Church and have raised enough funds so that they are now in Mexico City. They are with a medical team providing services to the people who work and live in the poorer areas of Mexico City. Our one daughter has a cosmetology license and will be styling hair, the youngest may be with her or providing child care or optical or dental assistence. They are there for a week and with a very dedicated team that has been there several times before. (i was there once before also).
    These mission trips have a way of being very influential in ones life and we are looking forward to hearing about their experiences!!!
    God is good.
    That's cool. Mexico has plenty of poverty and crime, but I still think it's a really cool country with some of the friendliest people I've ever met who really know how to enjoy life and about the meaning of family and community. I've been there several times.

I hope this doesn't come across as snarky but I've never got the idea of "missionary" work in Latin America-- I mean, aren't they already Christianized, overwhelmingly so? But maybe the "missionary" work is about charity nowadays not conversion? I dunno. It's a genuine question, though.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

Default Re: Our kids are in Mexico City

I'm hoping everything goes well, and they escape with their lives, and everything else, intact.