Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Range Box

(Bucks County)

Default Gun Range Box

Saw this at a range the other day. Does anyone know where to get one or has anyone ever built one? I asked the older gentleman who owned it, and he said that the company only makes holsters now. I don't recall the company name. This specific box holds five pistols/revolvers. I particularly like the attached spotting scope mounted on the top.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Gun Range Box

That's cool Maybe one could be made out of wood.
    I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six!

Agreed, looks like an easy woodshop project. Consider making one for yourself.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Centre County)

That's a range box used by Bullseye shooters. Check Brownells or MidwayUSA. I believe you can also find plans for one.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

I'm guessing it would be Brownells. I have the latest MidwayUSA master catalog, and I couldn't find that box anywhere. Personally, I would do what Xringshooter mentioned and try to find plans for one. If I couldn't find plans, I would try to fabricate my own.
    When seconds count, the police are usually just minutes away...

(Adams County)

I don't remember the brand name offhand, but I remember seeing those boxes advertised in the Gil Hebard Guns catalog. Champions Choice caters a lot to bullseye shooters so maybe boxes like this are listed there. Hope this helps.

(Centre County)

Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

There is a "Bianchi" label on mine, from 1969. I have the five-gun model, which opens bothfront and back - they were made narrower and usually opened only on one side for three guns. Some had built-in brackets or mounting hardware for the spotting scope. Some opened up, some opened down, some were "clamshell" tops, though those were often specially made or home-made. They usually had a removable shelf for the guns and small stuff, bottom space for ammo and other accutrements. Some had attachment points for shoulder-straps, in addition to the fine leather handle on top. Brass or chrome corner-protectors, latches and hinges were a must, and they were covered in imitation leather, mostly. Tough and durable was a requirement, as they often took the place of a stool or ladder at some of the matches I attended.

Pachmyer made some, too.

"Bullseye Box" was the common name. All-in-all, a very worhtwhile investment for packing the entire (or, read "minimum" here) needs for a Bullseye match in one convenient package. If you shot the three-gun matches and carried a spare 45 and 22, you had a LOAD.

Flash

(Berks County)

Back in the 70's the pistol boxes were made by Pachmayer. They can sometimes be found on e-bay. Currently, you can get a case made by Gun Ho. The bracket for the scope is made by Gil Hebard. You can get both from theshootersbox.com

(Delaware County)

Now I see the poster before me came up with the name but I will add this anyway. I couldn't remember the name and went home and looked at my 5 gun box. The name is Gun Ho and there is discussion about them at: http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=20598

I bought mine about 8 years ago but have never really used it that much. I have not yet gotten the spotting scope or the mount for one reason and the second reason was it was pretty heavy when you put 5 guns in it with mags. Don't even think about adding the ammo to the box.
    The more popular (I think) model would have been the smaller, thinner box, but since I always think bigger is better, I got the 5 gun. It is heavy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast