Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Looking for up to 1000yd rifle range

I'm looking for a rifle range for long distance shooting within 2 hours drive from Philadelphia. 600yds preferred, but I'd like to shoot up to 1000 yds eventually.

(Berks County)

I believe the rifle range that now goes by "Water and Wings" is up to 800 yards, and within your range. I believe it resides in East Greenville, but I could be mistaken. I believe it is like $25 for the day.

(Philadelphia County)

Awesome. It looks like it's a 500yd range, but that's better than the 55ft indoor ranges we have here in Philly. Thanks!

(Bucks County)

Wicens up here in Doylestown is 100 yards I think. Theres also a place in south hampton but its indoor.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown
    Wicens up here in Doylestown is 100 yards I think. Theres also a place in south hampton but its indoor.
    I've been to Wicen's, it's a great range with competent, safety concious people running it. I think he's looking for a 1000 though. Crazy distance shooters
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

W & W is a nice place and I hear that they will be open this year but that builders are also looking to buy the land so don't buy a life-time membership. Also do not know how they feel about FA.

I was a member many moons ago when Mr. & Mrs. Davis owned it.

(Northampton County)

Hey phil ontelaunee rod and gun club has A 300 yd. range and they are less than 2hrs from Phila. There website is www.ontelaunee.orge Maybe this helps.
    Boom boom bobby says keepem running Life Member NRA

(Philadelphia County)

I shoot my AR15 at a place called Atglen Sportsmans Club (I'm a "sportsman"!) They have a range out to 500 yds with steel silhouettes and target frames every 100 yds and a covered firing line. There is also another seperate 100 yd range, a 25yd pistol range as well as blackpowder and archery areas.

It's located in Atglen. Go South on Rt 1 about 15 miles past Rt 202, then Rt. 41 North for about 15 miles. Its an hour from Philly, in Amish country.

No bullet hosing, but no magazine restrictions either and I do see a fair amount of guys with evil rifles. People are friendly and well behaved, although often there's nobody around at all.

Membership is $85 per year.

(Berks County)

So everyone knows with regards to Water and Wings no one can build on the property. It is classified as wet lands and a no go for building. They do not allow full auto.

Elverson Rod and Gun Club in Elverson has a 200 yard range...and is only about an hour from Philly...we are limited to 400 members though...$50 a year for membership.

If you want a 1,000 range check into Williamsport, PA. I don't know how far it is away...I am sure it is 3+ hours from Philly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast